Nice small used truck?

R Q

Where do you even start to look for a basic used small truck for sale? Even a good enough car? My 82 year old father needs a better vehicle but it's junk or nothing these days! I can't seem to find anything in between $20k late model with a lot of miles or plain old junk. Frustrating

I’m about to post a Toyota Camry in the next couple of days for $5,000, maybe $4,500 for members on here. It’s in great shape, gets good gas mileage, and is all around a pretty good ride.

Where do you even start to look for a basic used small truck for sale? Even a good enough car? My 82 year old father needs a better vehicle but it's junk or nothing these days! I can't seem to find anything in between $20k late model with a lot of miles or plain old junk. Frustrating
How small? How much are you looking to spend? 4wd or 2wd?

The market seems to be cooling, stuff below 100k miles seems to still pull a premium. I see a lot of nice 2wd regular cab and extended cab trucks sitting for a long time in this market.

Smaller trucks with 4cyl and V6 engines, still pull a premium because newer buyers still think they get 30mpg.... before I got a V6 anything, I would grab a 4.8l or 5.3l GM platform with a 4L60.

Smaller trucks with 4cyl and V6 engines, still pull a premium because newer buyers still think they get 30mpg....
"I bought a Tacoma because full size trucks suck down too much fuel"
Screenshot_20220806-094414_Chrome.jpg

Meanwhile in full size truck land...
Screenshot_20220806-094732_Chrome.jpg

I would venture to guess its not about gas mileage but a smaller truck would be easier to drive and park @82 vs a full size.

Market seems to be cooling off. Post up price range and must have options.
Exactly! Dad took me to the Urgent care this week in my truck, 2500 Denali, and he scared me the whole trip! :laughing: His old Ranger is beat as is his Cadillac. I want to find him something basic that's in good order, A/C, AT. My neighbor had a nice '06 Ford 500 car a few weeks ago for $3k that I should have bought but I asked my dad what he thought and he didnt like that it had 175k on it but the service history was known for the car's entire life and he's not going to be burning up the interstate. I kicked myself for missing that.
So I'm just looking for a good deal on solid vehicle but yes inexpensive is the word. I thought about leasing him a truck but they're still $350 month. So I'm on the lookout for a bargain.

does he want another less beat ranger 2wd auto?

Back