Old Restaurants

Ryans steak house
Western Sizzlin
Chi Chi's mexican in Greensboro
most recent that has me bummed is Ted's Kickin Chicken on south main

A local place to us was Bonanza.It was THE steak house in town.I was a bus boy there for a while in the 80's.Got fired on New years eve night.I was real upset about not having to work on NYE. Burger Chef was on the list,we had one of those and it was right on the middle of the strip everybody cruised down.I bet Ive left 50# of rubber in the parking lot of BC.

Ponderosa was on the list too.Pigeon Forge had one of those up until about 5 or so years ago.

I think about quincys mashed potatoes and gravy all the time for some reason. Our old quincys is now a shoneys
Fawk, that's like an extinct dinosaur killing and eating another extinct dinosaur. :eek:

Burger Chef was on the list,we had one of those and it was right on the middle of the strip everybody cruised down.I bet Ive left 50# of rubber in the parking lot of BC.
Speaking of Burger Chef I just saw this on da face books.The opening of the BC here in town.
313022749_191658286676227_4444870163960848525_n.jpg

Hot and Now...could eat till your sick for $5.
Central park ...good burger, expensive in it's time
Casa Gallardo...the whitest Mexican restaurant that ever was.
Sizzler .....a ball glove marketed as steak
Perkins....always good at 3am, shithouse drunk when anything taste good.
Taco time...crisp meat burrito, or deep fried indigestion.

I didnt even know Shoneys was still in business.
There's only three left in existence in SC (that I'm aware of). One of which is walking distance from where I used to live in Columbia.

Back