Olympus Offroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORV design and fab

I ordered a synthetic winch rope Dec 1st. They had a special for thanksgiving or something and ordered it, so I see that the email said there was a 8-10 delay on ordered cause of the size of orders...no big deal.

I wait til Dec 16 and check, no shipping info so I send a email to just check to make sure everything is good on my part and let him know that I'm awaiting my shipping info...he said it would be 3-5 days...no problem, thanks for the responce... Ok. At least he emailed me promtly righto_O

Dec 30th I send an email "wanting to know a update on my package"... A day later (dec31) I get a lengthy email apologizing once again for the delay cause of the sheer amount of orders he had received. And that my shipping info would be in tomorrow or the next at the latest.... So now I'm watching this thing like a hawk

Jan 2nd, no emails or anything so I shoot him a email that it has been Been 1 month since I have ordered my rope and I feel like a hook with my rope would help my hurt feelings, and when can I expect to receive my package.

Jan 5th I get an email from him saying that a hook will be added to my order and that it's frustrating on his part to be so behind.
(By this I am thinking that he needed some counseling so I offered him my number and told him that honesty is KEY, you have nothing to hide if you are being honest with your customers. Lol I did give him my phone number to call me if he needed to talk. Lol)
2 more emails since with no response....what should I do???

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say dispute the charge with whatever paying entity you used and cut your losses.

Sounds like that idiot building doublers opened another money stealing scheme.....

I had an almost identical experience with them over some light mounting brackets that I was supposed to receive with some lights I ordered. I still have all emails and screen shots from dealing with them, they had some piss poor customer service (looks like that hasent changed). It took three months To get the light mounting brackets.
I will never order another thing from them.

Is Daniel the one you are talking to?

Last edited:
Eric. Is who is on the emails, they posted all these photos of playing with a plasma table. Throughout Dec and other trucks but I am just frustrated at the less than honest replys

I had the same problem. Ordered mine on Nov 28. emailed a few times, 1 reply saying they'd look into it and nothing after that. I finally posted to their add reply on Pirate last week. Got a reply and then nothing. I just got an email today from paypal that says its shipping. Fingers crossed that there are no problems with it

Had the same almost the same exact issue. They messed my 2 orders on for me and one for my dad up twice. I ended up calling the office and emailing Orders@olympusoffroad.com everyday and finally got it taken care of. I would defiantly say post on there Facebook page.

Facebook was a no go. They get to see a post before posting it. Pirate got me a reply and tracking number today. So I should see it here soon. I'll post up when I get it in hand. I told them I wanted a hook for my trouble too,

Bad and/or unfortunate things can happen in a business transaction, that's just a reality of business. It is how you handle those hiccups that demonstrate you and your company's character. You as a customer should never feel like you have to babysit a vendor or beg for information.
I see nothing wrong with what you did. When you continually get the runaround, drastic measures need to be taken to have your voice heard.

I almost order a rope from their black Friday sale. Glad I didn't now.

I was about to order one yesterday.... I guess I'll end up giving custom splice a few more dollars.

Bad and/or unfortunate things can happen in a business transaction, that's just a reality of business. It is how you handle those hiccups that demonstrate you and your company's character. You as a customer should never feel like you have to babysit a vendor or beg for information.
I see nothing wrong with what you did. When you continually get the runaround, drastic measures need to be taken to have your voice heard.
I m all about supporting local/small businesses. I feel as though I do my part in that. Like you said jody, when I spend money and am throwing emails for info and seeing no responce, I get frustrated. And I think to myself, squeaky wheel gets the grease!

After a bunch of unanswered calls , a few emails and pm's on facebook I got a tracking number. It might be for a box of dogcrap , but somethings heading East! Thanks ORV design and fab for getting the ball rolling.

Well I finally got my rope in today. I've got to say its a really nice rope. The weave is even tighter than I thought it would be. Still not happy with how long I had to wait and I didn't end up with any extra goodies but its here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back