Olympus Offroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,

We were a vendor on here at one time ran by another individual. Not sure where that login is so I made a new one. Anyways!

As stated on the Pirate site the issue we experienced were due to a couple things. 1 the shear amount of orders we received on our ropes this year. We were not ready to handle what we got and actually pulled back sales and cutoff orders so we wouldn't have a big a back log as we did. The second was a logistical issue in material that killed us. This was the nail in the coffin.. Ups hosed us and held a shipment for nearly two weeks and it delayed us several. We sent out mass emails but it seems that did not go as planned either and about 50% of the people did not get the information concerning the delays. 98% of all the orders finally went out over the last week and we are just about caught up.

We are very sorry for the issue we ran into. We did not know just how popular or new Spider silk Line would be. Regardless we have put measure in place that will prevent this from happening again. We no longer us UPS and ave switched to DHL permanently. We have implemented a new system for emails and also will be stocking more premade ropes during high volume times.

In regards to communications we just upgraded to a new business class system that will help reduce issue there. Facebook we outsource so we are looking to improve what they do for us and make sure information get relayed to us quicker and a more timely fashion.

Once I was aware of the issue I promptly addressed them. We are making every effort to improve. We make the best line in the industry and offer the best price and we are working hard to ensure we provide the best customer service.

I personally apologize for the delays and issues on our part!

Daniel

Last edited:
I'd say dispute the charge with whatever paying entity you used and cut your losses.

Sounds like that idiot building doublers opened another money stealing scheme.....

Not sure what that means.

We had way more orders than we could handle and ran into some snags. Most everybody is caught up now and we are working hard to get things done. See response above.

Facebook was a no go. They get to see a post before posting it. Pirate got me a reply and tracking number today. So I should see it here soon. I'll post up when I get it in hand. I told them I wanted a hook for my trouble too,

Honestly had nothing to do with the post on pirate. I was replying to a pm you sent.

I don't get on forums as much as I used to as we are super busy. I usually do quick check of things on mondays and happen to see your message. I got an email from a friend about the thread and that is when I responded there.

Well I finally got my rope in today. I've got to say its a really nice rope. The weave is even tighter than I thought it would be. Still not happy with how long I had to wait and I didn't end up with any extra goodies but its here.

It is one of the best in the industry. you wont find a better price for the quality.

Bad and/or unfortunate things can happen in a business transaction, that's just a reality of business. It is how you handle those hiccups that demonstrate you and your company's character. You as a customer should never feel like you have to babysit a vendor or beg for information.
I see nothing wrong with what you did. When you continually get the runaround, drastic measures need to be taken to have your voice heard.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
This is something that is very frustrating for us. We sent out mass emails detailing the issue giving updates. We though people knew what was going on. We have since change the platform we use so this does not happen again.

After a bunch of unanswered calls , a few emails and pm's on facebook I got a tracking number. It might be for a box of dogcrap , but somethings heading East! Thanks ORV design and fab for getting the ball rolling.

Had nothing to do with ORV just happened to be at the same time. Would have been there the same time. :)

Last edited:
@shawn or @trailhugger an assist you in recovering your old account and setting up a vendor account.

Aside from that may I recommend a book for you, The E-Myth Revisited.
Read it. Understand it and implement it.

Shit happens to all of us as business owners how you respond determines your success.

I see a lot of blame and excuses in your reply. (BTW If you thought UPS was bad wait to you get a hold of DHL...)
Nowhere did I see you take ownership of failing to have an ordering system supported by inventory only. Heck paypal will do that for you for free. So dont give a BS line about back end system costs.

You have a great product, congrats! But until you realize that the quality of your product has ZERO correlation to the quality of your business you will struggle.

@shawn or @trailhugger an assist you in recovering your old account and setting up a vendor account.

Aside from that may I recommend a book for you, The E-Myth Revisited.
Read it. Understand it and implement it.

Shit happens to all of us as business owners how you respond determines your success.

I see a lot of blame and excuses in your reply. (BTW If you thought UPS was bad wait to you get a hold of DHL...)
Nowhere did I see you take ownership of failing to have an ordering system supported by inventory only. Heck paypal will do that for you for free. So dont give a BS line about back end system costs.

You have a great product, congrats! But until you realize that the quality of your product has ZERO correlation to the quality of your business you will struggle.

Not sure I understand your response. We had issues and I stated the areas where we failed. I stated the things we have done to correct them. I didn't give any bs line or anything. I said we messed up and were sorry.

Didn't say a thing about backend system cost. I said we have upgraded to prevent anything like this from happening again. We invested a lot in our Service area so that we can provide a top notch Customer service experience.

Nobody here was unreasonable in anything. If they didn't get a reply then they have every right to me mad at us.

Look at the end of the day we have seen the areas we need to change and have since changed them. We take fully responsibility for everything. If you buy from us then no matter what happened its our fault. I thought by being transparent and honest about where we are that would allow people some insight to the big picture.

Last edited:

I only found one account. If somebody knows what the old one was called (it doesn't seem to start with "Olympus"), I can merge it into the current account.

Gents,

We were a vendor on here at one time ran by another individual. Not sure where that login is so I made a new one. Anyways!

As stated on the Pirate site the issue we experienced were due to a couple things. 1 the shear amount of orders we received on our ropes this year. We were not ready to handle what we got and actually pulled back sales and cutoff orders so we wouldn't have a big a back log as we did. The second was a logistical issue in material that killed us. This was the nail in the coffin.. Ups hosed us and held a shipment for nearly two weeks and it delayed us several. We sent out mass emails but it seems that did not go as planned either and about 50% of the people did not get the information concerning the delays. 98% of all the orders finally went out over the last week and we are just about caught up.

We are very sorry for the issue we ran into. We did not know just how popular or new Spider silk Line would be. Regardless we have put measure in place that will prevent this from happening again. We no longer us UPS and ave switched to DHL permanently. We have implemented a new system for emails and also will be stocking more premade ropes during high volume times.

In regards to communications we just upgraded to a new business class system that will help reduce issue there. Facebook we outsource so we are looking to improve what they do for us and make sure information get relayed to us quicker and a more timely fashion.

Once I was aware of the issue I promptly addressed them. We are making every effort to improve. We make the best line in the industry and offer the best price and we are working hard to ensure we provide the best customer service.

I personally apologize for the delays and issues on our part!

Daniel
Thank you for making it right daniel. You stood up to you last email and that's somethong to commend,

I get people are mad and trust me I am disappointed in us dropping the ball and the delays and or issues are our fault. I mean I own the company so its my fault in the end. I just want people to know we are working our butts off to be better than this and we have put things right so it doesn't happen again.

I only found one account. If somebody knows what the old one was called (it doesn't seem to start with "Olympus"), I can merge it into the current account.

Guy was named Max Ferguson. He contacted me last February about transferring the vendor account to Daniel, but I never got a reply from the email I sent Daniel.

@QCFX2 was a rep for them, don't know if he still is.

That's Max's account, which he wanted to keep as his own.

Glad to see the improvements in customer service coming around. This is a SUPER nice rope. With improved service and comparable prices I would buy another one in a heart beat.

OP originally changed title and requested thread deletion.

I'm going to leave the thread up, because
1- It shows there was an issue and the vendor resolved it to the satisfaction of the customer
2- It also documents the story in case it becomes a repeat deal.

Since the OP has his issue resolved I will close it to further comments however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back