OX lockers

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
Anyone had any experience with them, or know the good, the bad, and the ugly about them?

Hard as hell to do a search on OX lockers...most boards don't let you search for 2 letters, and those that DO you end up with a bunch of returns with "Lunch bOX LOCKERS :rolleyes:

I thought I herd they were out of business or on shaky ground. but I did here good things about them.

The earlier ones had cable problems.
I understand that has been improved in the newer ones.

Personally, I don't care for anythig with that much stuff hanging off the diff cover. I really can't say as I have seen it actually being a problem. I just don't like it.

Other than that, I have never heard anything bad about the product itself.

BUT !!!!
The company sorta disappeared for a while (Many months) and could not be reached for warranty items or replacement parts.
They have since resurfaced.
But, this still makes me uncomfortable.

Do as you will with this info.
I just had a request for an OX locker a couple days ago.
I had a hard time locating one, because most of my suppliers no longer carry OX products because of the customer service / availability problems of the past year or 2.

And they aren't any cheaper than an ARB or E-Locker.
Both from companies which have been around for a long time and are pretty stable.

They are now owned by a new company. I think it was the rep. for superior or yukon was telling me that they had bought OX.

Sam(slim)

What Bill said...

I drove a Heep with a rear OX a while back and it was neat while it worked.. cable needed adjustment though. Nice $800 diff cover once it wouldn't lock.. ;)

The key is having the cable adjusted right. I needed some parts for one after a guy drove 100miles without oil in a D30. The guy who answered the phone said he would send anything we need out ASAP. Turned out the OX held up and it was locked (D30 with vacuum side disconnected). If you've ever looked at one close up, there's no denying the strength in the design. One thing you'll notice is the collar pins have to line up with the side gear when you lock it, so I recommend turning a slight arc (while rolling) when you lock it. The ARB will just apply pressure until the teeth line up, then it clicks in. With a cable, it has to line up or it will be hard to shift. Awkward, but strong. The tradeoff is quirky cable design versus air lines and valves/solenoids and o-rings.

We installed one a while back...locks and unlocks easily. However...the cable adjustment is a PITA. The only thing i really dont like about the OX is the cable that sticks out of the cover. I know i would break/bend it if it was on my rig.

Seth

Back