parking lot cj5 buildup

grapehead

started as a "in need of tlc" cj5 with a 304, d30, amc20, 31s

816014_5.jpg

816014_6.jpg

bought it cheap, trailered it home, dumped it in the parking lot...

swapped a d60 rear in, SOA. have some toy springs to stretch it, but that comes later.

hit it with some wal mart .94 a can spray paint, 4 cans primer, 6 cans color, big improvement...

816014_7.jpg

816014_8.jpg

816014_9.jpg

816014_10.jpg

some fawk broke off a windshield wiper, go figure :rolleyes:

next is redoing the wiring and firing it up (hopefully...)

needs floorboards replaced and a cage, maybe just cage mount the seats and skip the floor.

yeah i still got mine, this is for a buddy.
looking for a 44, 8 lug, 4.10 for the front...

That CJ and the Ranger out there are a great billboard for the offroad community. I drove by it this weekend and thought :( :gay:

put a tarp on that shiat

grapehead said:
yeah i still got mine, this is for a buddy.
looking for a 44, 8 lug, 4.10 for the front...

PM me I have a D44, full width, 4:10s, lockright, 8 lug, high steer, axle ears ground for full circle retaining clips, complete spare axle shafts, completely rebuilt last year including ball joints, bearings etc. Somebody said they wanted it, but I haven't heard back. I'll give them another week and then it goes back on the market. $400 for the D44 and $100 for the spare shafts or $500 for everything. Just pulled it last night.

JB

werent getting any work done on it, so we towed it to the house. got it running, timed, oil changed, bumpers on, and rear axle final placement and perch welding. also replaced wiring harness from firewall back. need a firewall-front harness for a later model if anyone has one...

Attachments

• DSC02488.JPG
    DSC02488.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 887
  • DSC02491.JPG
    DSC02491.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 852
  • DSC02493.JPG
    DSC02493.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 855
kcarroll said:
That CJ and the Ranger out there are a great billboard for the offroad community. I drove by it this weekend and thought :( :gay:

put a tarp on that shiat

thanks, dick. why dont you sponser me a tarp or better yet, offer to help out. not like i had shitloads of time or a better place to put them then. :rolleyes:

^ bumper - ebay

^^ uhh, thanks? maybe ill get them chromed?

Is it my imagination, or are BOTH of those bumpers identical except for the brush guard welded on the front? And how much did they go for?

grapehead said:
thanks, dick. why dont you sponser me a tarp or better yet, offer to help out. not like i had shitloads of time or a better place to put them then. :rolleyes:

^ bumper - ebay

^^ uhh, thanks? maybe ill get them chromed?

easy there fuck knocker -- you are the one wrenching at home depot and posting pictures of it, did your wittle feelings get hurt. Tarps are cheaper than bumpers off ebay :flipoff2: Grow some skin. Those bumpers are nice looking though.

i believe he works at the tire place there. not like he just picked a random parking lot to dump his junk in and work on it.

yeah, it just sucks that ntb's "storage lot" is in the middle of the yuppie home depot hangout. thats why im glad to get it moved. its my buddy's project, but he knows little about jeeps n stuff, so hes sponsoring it and im showing him what to do and how to do it. he was in the military and was gone for a few months so nothing got done. bumpers do look identical front to rear, hadnt thought about that. i think they were 200-300 on ebay.

also, anyone seen the rustoleum "hammered" paint? thats what we painted the bumpers with, about $5 a can, looks fantastic.

wait....so what is this guys problem with where you had the thing parked brian? who gives a damn where it is parked? last time i saw it, it was not taking up spaces that would otherwise be used by anyone.....no where even close

nah, it think its more that the thing is(was?) a pile, and reflects badly on jeepers in general, considering it was in the middle of suburia hell. i see where hes comin from, but its a nonissue now.

changed all the gear oil, put the 38s on the back...

gonna need a little trimming.

Attachments

• DSC02511.JPG
    DSC02511.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 578
  • DSC02521.JPG
    DSC02521.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 585
we got the front axle swapped in a few weeks ago, i put the steering linkage together today and test drove it. still needs floorboards, seats, seatbelts, and some wiring and brake issues sorted out, but drives well. forgot to take the camera to the shop, ill get pics up tomorrow...

here it is, nearing completion...

Attachments

• DSC02621.JPG
    DSC02621.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 502
Back