Person needs recovery - Holly Springs

Rich

Asshole at large
Kid in a stock 90's pathfinder got himself stuck behind a neighborhood.. Nice kid, is willing to reimburse for recovery...

You'll want a winch more than likely, but it's possible that a strap and some lockers could get him out...

Trail is a little narrow for a dually in one spot (downed tree trunk sticking out), but normal rigs should fit through OK.

the trail is on a mild downhill grade.. kid was trying to turn around, and the nose slid down approx 3 feet lower than the trail. rear bumper of vehicle is approx 1 foot from road.

No aftermarket recovery points. You'll need something to go through the oval-shaped tie-down hooks protruding down from the rear of the frame.

Contact info:
Chris Collins
919-624-4868 cell
919-577-6616 home

Located - near my house (3 miles down Avent Ferry Rd off Hwy 55 bypass, towards Harris Lake)

I'll come and assist if ya want... or I'll just bring a camera :D

My number - three four two, two eight five zero (take that, spammers!)

i'd go, but i have neither a winch or lockers. i'm guessing this isn't a legal area either...?

Rich you know I'd be out there. Problem is work keeps me away from home till around 6:30 or 7 pm. I can be out there Friday morning, early (meeting in CH at 1pm). I guess I may give him a call.

If you follow the "if you don't have express permission, it's illegal" philosiphy, yes. I can't tell what's been driving down there all the time, but the "trail" is well established..

I doubt any police that was to show up would fault us.. not so sure about HIM though.. :lol:

i assume that this is near raleigh. i have to go up there on sat, and migh be able to make a side trip if he is still stuck

I live just south of avent ferry near harris and would be willing to drag him out after work tomarrow with the J10

Carl - I should be home around 6:30.. Not that ya need to wait for me, but I'd like to meet ya... You're certainly the closest...

Rich I drove down Avent Ferry on my way to work and I saw a couple of roads but I am not sure where he is. I will need to stop by home and change clothes and pickup my Truck.

Give me a call 919-201-0915
Tell him not to worrie about $$
Carl

Good deal.. I left the location purposely vague...ya never know who's browsing the boards with bad intentions.

P.S. Your D/D isn't a mostly stock blue-ish XJ, with a CNC sticker on the back, is it?

Ridgerunner said:
Rich I drove down Avent Ferry on my way to work and I saw a couple of roads but I am not sure where he is. I will need to stop by home and change clothes and pickup my Truck.

Give me a call 919-201-0915
Tell him not to worrie about $$
Carl

ya tell him to give me the money :)

Ridgerunner said:
Yes that Is it. It is a Black 96 XJ with no front bumper

Gotcha.. you were parked at that old 66 station on 751, I noticed the sticker, and then you passed by me while I was stopped by that bike shop trying to make a phone call...

Just a guess since you seem to have a soft spot for those Jeep things.. :p

Ken - why do you think *I'm* going? :D

Rich said:
Just a guess since you seem to have a soft spot for those Jeep things.. :p
Yeah well the FSJ's curently out number the baby Heeps 3/2 they are multiplying

So how Stuck is the little pathfinder :)

I think Tech701 got him out...

theres not to much to hook onto a stock pathy but on the rear there should be some holes on the frame rails that are sturdy and i have used them to get hauled out before. an interesting way to do it i have found is to clevis both ends of one rope to the rails and tie another rope in the middle of that one where it forms like a triangle and pull out that way, if it becomes an issue.

He got him out, said it was pie...

Back