Pet Cats

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
Here is an article about a leash law for cats.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37752330/ns/health-pet_health/

Now I know leashes and cats don't mix but I think cats should either be "inside" animals or be required to be restricted to their owner's own yard, just like my fence does for my dogs. If cat restriction legislation came up here in NC, I would vote for it.

Thoughts?

My parents cat roams all the time, he doesn't cause trouble. Put a leash on him he will resist and just lay there, its hilarious, but would be pointless. He hunts the mice population around the house, so nah, against.

I'm for it. Neighbor used to have a cat that scratched the hood of my truck and left my dad a present on the hood of his. I have absolutely no use for a cat.

You can't leash or fence most cats. So the law is silly. On the other hand owners should be held responsible for the the damage they do.

You can't leash or fence most cats. So the law is silly. On the other hand owners should be held responsible for the the damage they do.

x2

So the neighbors tom cat got both the wifes cats pergo, He was stalking them in our yard, he lives several houses down. Now I dislike cats, My wife loves them, so I deal with it. But I now have 9 kittens to deal with (5 from one and 4 from the other) We were going to have them spayed but they were just getting off age to do so, one is spayed now, other is set for next week.

So I would like to see a requirement of if your cat isn't a house cat then it should be fixed as part of a "leash law".

Anyone want a kitten?

the only reason for "pet" cats is "farmed raised" chinese food.

So I would like to see a requirement of if your cat isn't a house cat then it should be fixed as part of a "leash law".

x2

x3

Ive always found that a 22 or a .17 hmr makes the best leash. Used the right way you never have to worry about cats.:lol:

Can there ever be a thread involving a cat without someone saying something like this? :rolleyes: Weaksauce.

lol..someone find the youtub video of the cat on a leash going apeshit on a leash and latching on to the guys testicles.

killer cats

Here's one of ours.We have about two dead moles a week and no mice or rats since getting them.Was watching some documentary on worlds most dangerous predator and the common cat won the #1 spot.Turns out they will kill anything.Kinda cool to watch them stalk stuff.

As an animal lover, including cats, in my opinion you people(with the degrading remarks) need help. I have had a few cats in my life, the most recent was our cat Sam, that lost a battle with a long term illness. We had him humanely put down.
HE was very near and dear to both our hearts. He never met a stranger, and yes, we could take him out in the yard on a leash.

Yes, owners should be responsible for any problems their pet causes.
Yes cats multiply, but, it takes two to tangle

There are no bad pets, just bad owners

for those who choose to put all cat's or dogs, into one category, remind me of your attitude should I ever invite you to my home, so I can quickly retract that invite.

I have no problem with loose cats but dont be upset when my dog pulls the leash out of my hand and mauls your cat and the video ends up on youtube

the pets are not the problem,it's the inconsiderant assholes that own them.if your pet causes problems for someone then you should responsible.on the other hand if your dog,cat or whatever has to spend it's life living in a 20x20 cage then you don't live in a suitable property to have a pet. i could not live tied to a tree and would not expect to have an animal to do so but i'm a little funny about :poop:

My only problem with neighbors letting their cats roam is that they come in my yard and use my garden and flower beds for their toilet. The dogs try to eat it, which is just gross, and it's a health hazard... toxoplasmosis isn't just bad for pregnant women and it can stay dormant until something else taxes your immune system.

The leash law in Raleigh applies to all pets regardless of species.

I was never a cat person until my youngest daughter asked Santa for one two Christmas' ago. For 6 months, she would pray to Santa for a cat and nothing else, so the wife and I caved and adopted a cat. She was supposed to be an inside cat but having 2 kids running inside and outside numerous times an hour killed that within a couple of months. Truth be told, I am still not a cat lover but watching her stalk the moles, rabbits, squirrels, snakes, etc that are in my yard is cool. The aftermath that she leaves on our front stoop, not so much.

We have a 5' wooden fence that she clears with ease, so keeping her confined is not easy.

Luckily, both my neighbors love her because she now kills critters in their yards since she cleaned ours out. But I have told one neighbor (the one without an outside cat of his own) that, if she causes any damage to his property, to come get me right away and I will take care of it. If something of mine caused the damage, I feel obligated to fix it.

My dog stays in my yard, doesn't walk all over my vehicles, doesn't kill al the other small animals in my yard and likes to see me wen I get home. I hate cats and if I see one walking all over my stuff, I'll shoot it, period. If my dog comes in your yard and walks all over your car, boat, whatever, then you got open season on her too. If it's your cat , you keep up with the damn thing.

I'm dealing w/ this problem right now, there are a few cats roaming the neighborhood. My neighbor's cat will use my horseshoe pits as a litterbox, and if you leave the top off the jeep, it will get inside. Since I can't shoot them, I'm set on trapping them and taking them a few miles down the road...:flipoff2:

Back