Pole barn kits

What ^ said. Also, in my mind it's pronounced R N R Rn Works.

Dead thread revival.

Pros and cons Vs a Quonset Hut style barn.

Really the only things that are a must are 50x50 to 50x80 footprint and 16’ high in the center minimum. Keeping in mind this would be open on one end, partially framed in at the other for a lean to off the back which will be horse stalls. Leaving an air gap above the lean to so air can escape and the building to not become a giant windsock transplanting itself into the pasture like it’s predecessor.

Dead thread revival.

Pros and cons Vs a Quonset Hut style barn.

Really the only things that are a must are 50x50 to 50x80 footprint and 16’ high in the center minimum. Keeping in mind this would be open on one end, partially framed in at the other for a lean to off the back which will be horse stalls. Leaving an air gap above the lean to so air can escape and the building to not become a giant windsock transplanting itself into the pasture like it’s predecessor.
Framing made more complicated, loss of height at curves of hut.
Over all thermal transfer and condensation of the hut vs. easily mitigated efforts on a pole barn.
And last the edges of the huts require special attention to the footers or you just get a big ol long seem with water leaking......
But one end will remain open, framing and loss of roof length at the arches may only concern you.

Buckets of bolts. Buckets. But a fairly easy task of Legos once the correct footer is poured.

Ooohhh since this thread was resurrected, I'll ask the experts instead of googling! We're looking at the standing roof kit to house the yard ornaments. What's best finance option if I don't want to deplete that much from my savings? Oh, and I need a permit, huh?

Framing made more complicated, loss of height at curves of hut.
Over all thermal transfer and condensation of the hut vs. easily mitigated efforts on a pole barn.
And last the edges of the huts require special attention to the footers or you just get a big ol long seem with water leaking......
But one end will remain open, framing and loss of roof length at the arches may only concern you.

Buckets of bolts. Buckets. But a fairly easy task of Legos once the correct footer is poured.
After helping a friend put one together, I would not recommend it. They use all the bolts. Miss one or dont get it tight, and there's a leak.

I helped a neighbor put one together in highschool and what I remember most was all the bolts. That was back before impact drivers and all we had were wrenches and ratchets. It felt like it took 2 weeks to put that thing together

Ooohhh since this thread was resurrected, I'll ask the experts instead of googling! We're looking at the standing roof kit to house the yard ornaments. What's best finance option if I don't want to deplete that much from my savings? Oh, and I need a permit, huh?
I can't speak from experience yet but from my research most all companies offer some type of financing on their products. I assume it's tied to owning the land though. I have not reached the financing stage of my dream yet.

Bringing this back to life with an update!

@braxton357 I can't thank you enough for posting the recommendation & extending the discount to NC4X4 members. I just ordered our 40x60 roof kit & everyone has been great to work with so far! The lead time is a little long right now (totally expected) at 8-13 weeks but the price difference is totally worth the wait.

For those looking, I got quotes from about 5 different companies - R&R was at least $8k less than the others with delivery.

I really didn't want to take that big of a chunk out of savings so we opted to finance. Acorn Finance partners with multiple lenders to find the best rates with no impact to credit score. We went with Lightstream with a super low rate - approved in 5 minutes & had funds deposited the next business day.

And now we wait....

R&R and Lightstream, can't go wrong with either of them!

Bringing this back to life with an update!

@braxton357 I can't thank you enough for posting the recommendation & extending the discount to NC4X4 members. I just ordered our 40x60 roof kit & everyone has been great to work with so far! The lead time is a little long right now (totally expected) at 8-13 weeks but the price difference is totally worth the wait.

For those looking, I got quotes from about 5 different companies - R&R was at least $8k less than the others with delivery.

I really didn't want to take that big of a chunk out of savings so we opted to finance. Acorn Finance partners with multiple lenders to find the best rates with no impact to credit score. We went with Lightstream with a super low rate - approved in 5 minutes & had funds deposited the next business day.

And now we wait....

How far do they travel? I have dreams of a 30x50 with lean tos off both sides, but I need to talk to someone more knowledgeable than I about the site prep.

Yes I got a quote from R and R too. I'm still working on the site and exactly what I want. When I get closer I'll be calling them for more details. Please post up @jeepin' jen when you start the build I want a 40 x 60 building too!

or if you'd like to practice putting one together, you're more than welcome to come help.

I'd be paying someone for that part. I drew up what I've drawn in the galvanized tube carport style designers in their software earlier today. Need to stake it out and do some thinking.

I'd be paying someone for that part. I drew up what I've drawn in the galvanized tube carport style designers in their software earlier today. Need to stake it out and do some thinking.
I requested some of those quotes too & got my feelings hurt. Thankfully, we have some friends that have offered their equipment to help make the job a little easier.

@jeepin' i want the same.
What if we put a syndicate together a team that would all help each other install their own…we could have our own nc4 collective

I requested some of those quotes too & got my feelings hurt. Thankfully, we have some friends that have offered their equipment to help make the job a little easier.
yes you can get a building kit for say 20K but the labor to put it up is another 20K. I think I was quoted 10/sqr foot.

@jeepin' i want the same.
What if we put a syndicate together a team that would all help each other install their own…we could have our own nc4 collective
I'd come on the weekend for sure if I could so I can learn how they go together.

yes you can get a building kit for say 20K but the labor to put it up is another 20K. I think I was quoted 10/sqr foot.
The carport style building I designed was $37k installed, no site work of course. R&R's base for a 30x50 shows $18k. Don't know how much lean to and doors/windows will add, but $10/ft ($12k) up to $20k is probably a good ballpark for install...

I'll be happy to post some in 8-13 weeks....or if you'd like to practice putting one together, you're more than welcome to come help. Then you can take ALL the pics!!!! :D

I'll come help. Wouldn't bother me a bit. It's only about 240-250 miles and just under 4 hrs. Yall holler if you need a hand, I aint skeered!

Back