Police need to use E-brake

So.... if you were the guy he pulled - would you have stuck around?

Or... sit there and hope the cop was embarrased/flustered enough to just let you off...

That's funny as hell! Cop thought he was a bad ass till his sh*t rolled away! I'd have gotten a ticket from that guy 'cause I'd have been out of my car on the ground rolling with laughter.

most cop cars have tranny shift lockouts on the floor like an old school high beam switch. they dont just jump out of gear.

what a dumbass. i wonder what his car hit.

RatLabGuy said:
So.... if you were the guy he pulled - would you have stuck around?

Or... sit there and hope the cop was embarrased/flustered enough to just let you off...

im sure everyonewould consider leavin, but hes got your plate number on camera so if the cars not stolen, then you get in trouble for running away which lands you a whole lot worse penalties

grapehead said:
most cop cars have tranny shift lockouts on the floor like an old school high beam switch. they dont just jump out of gear.

what a dumbass. i wonder what his car hit.

Can you just picture a box of Ho-Ho's sliding off the dash and landing on the tranny lockout thingy. :D
<officer barbrady> I'm fine, it just jumped out of gear...nothing to see here </officer babrady>

it doesn't look like he ever put it in park to me...

CAS22 said:
im sure everyonewould consider leavin, but hes got your plate number on camera so if the cars not stolen, then you get in trouble for running away which lands you a whole lot worse penalties

Then I wonder if the cop ever filled out a report for whatever it was his car hit. Hard to explain your way out of that!

CAS22 said:

if i'm not mistaken, a cop's gonna have your plate # radio'd in before he ever flashes his blues...ya' know...to see what you're wanted for, how dangerous you are, how many cops you've bribed in the past...that sorta thing

HardTaco said:
guy was just having a bad day at work, it happens to all of us.

yeah but his bad day at work sent an out of control vehicle across 4 lanes of public roadway and damaged property of some sort in addition to his patrol car, which will all be paid for by taxpayers.

id take a "bad day at work" explanation for a donut stain on the ticket he wrote, but thats a little above and beyond.

grapehead said:
yeah but his bad day at work sent an out of control vehicle across 4 lanes of public roadway and damaged property of some sort in addition to his patrol car, which will all be paid for by taxpayers.
id take a "bad day at work" explanation for a donut stain on the ticket he wrote, but thats a little above and beyond.

Damn, I'm glad you don't write my performance appraisals.

At least his strobes were on to alert other cars that it is coming.. :lol:

I still don't get how it happened.. Sure you need to put your foot on the brake (or the override) to go FROM park, but I've never driven anything that makes you do anything to go INTO park.. and it's clear the car was in Neutral.. Reverse I could almost understand - (Throw it in park, didn't quite make it)...

Weird.

Uh, yeah, why not "D"?
I found out *the hard way* my 4Runner will roll backwards that way.
Neighbor across the street rags me on it every time I see him (while he eyes the tree)

mm, true, didn't think of that, since my truck will hit about 10mph in drive with no throttle.. damn tight torque converter.. :p

I fondly remember the old Caprice Classics. Those damn things would always jump out of park and start to roll. Many a memo was passed around about putting the park brake on when you leave the car.

The Crown Vics are not as bad till they get lots of miles on them, then the shifter seems to get a bit sloppy. You think you have jammed it up in P, but it is actually sitting just under. Don't take much to slip into R. I got in the habbit years ago of eyeballing as I am getting out to make sure the needle is where it should be to avoid such "uh-ohs".

I've gone and checked on a few officers that were on a stop to see their shifters still in Drive. Good thing they were on an incline. I kindly reach in and put it into park for them before they get back to the car. Lots on our minds on a traffic stop.

Turn on the blue lights/wig wags
pull in behind on the side of the road
take off seat belt
put car in park
kill the wig wags (personal Preference)
turn on the 4 ways (cause nobody ever sees the blue lights)
open door...slam it shut cause of the semi that didn't see the blue lights
open door again and quickly get out of the road to approach the driver
flip off the granny that didn't see the blue lights and refuses to move over nearly hitting you with her mirror (held on by duct tape)

PoPo said:
flip off the granny that didn't see the blue lights and refuses to move over nearly hitting you with her mirror (held on by duct tape)

HAHAHAHAHA I flipped off some old lady the other day cause she got pissed when I let another car out of a parking lot in traffic. Blared her horn and I blared my finger. Good trade off

dumb fatass couldnt catch the car. maybe less twinkies and more running would help

Back