Possible March 8-10 Wheeling Trip

nc_jk_crawler

I’m taking off Friday the 8th and want to go wheeling. Original idea was VA but it’s closed till April 1. So I’m thinking Gulches if it’s not a slopfest or somewhere here in NC. Uwharrie isn’t open until April as well.

Any recommendations on other possibilities or events going on? (I’d rather not go to windrock because I’d like to have a full week out there)

so your not going somewhere because you dont have a week to go? that makes no since to me. ive been to windrock several times and rode different trails every time. anywhere in the SE is going to be a complete mess, personally i wouldnt count on gulches with all the rain.

so your not going somewhere because you dont have a week to go? that makes no since to me. ive been to windrock several times and rode different trails every time. anywhere in the SE is going to be a complete mess, personally i wouldnt count on gulches with all the rain.

Windrock is a 7.5 hour trip for me one way. I’d like to spend more time there to make the trip worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windrock is a 7.5 hour trip for me one way. I’d like to spend more time there to make the trip worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you in Greenville, NC?

I’m taking off Friday the 8th and want to go wheeling. Original idea was VA but it’s closed till April 1. So I’m thinking Gulches if it’s not a slopfest or somewhere here in NC. Uwharrie isn’t open until April as well.

Any recommendations on other possibilities or events going on? (I’d rather not go to windrock because I’d like to have a full week out there)
there's always the Flats in Marion, NC. It's awesome place, I'm sure even more hardcore then ever now with all these flood rains. You can almost always rent it out for the weekend and set up a crew to come. I don't know your rig but Flats is def more wild than mild nowadays lol. Fun place. I could probably come ride that weekend with a buddy of mine if you did wanna go.

there's always the Flats in Marion, NC. It's awesome place, I'm sure even more hardcore then ever now with all these flood rains. You can almost always rent it out for the weekend and set up a crew to come. I don't know your rig but Flats is def more wild than mild nowadays lol. Fun place. I could probably come ride that weekend with a buddy of mine if you did wanna go.

My rig is a jku on 37s with a prorock with rcv shafts in the front and in the rear it’s a dana 44 with chromoly shafts, 5.13 gears and ARB lockers. Also has a 4:1 transfer case. I’ll have to check and see. I did email the parks contact person but haven’t heard anything yet.

I'd be down for a trip to gulches that weekend

My rig is a jku on 37s with a prorock with rcv shafts in the front and in the rear it’s a dana 44 with chromoly shafts, 5.13 gears and ARB lockers. Also has a 4:1 transfer case. I’ll have to check and see. I did email the parks contact person but haven’t heard anything yet.
nice rig. I hope to be able to come but looks like I might start tearing down my ZJ for the 1 ton swap and if so, wouldn't have anything to ride. It would be fun however to bring it out stock welded diffs and beat the snot out of it before it gets parked....if you do think on the Flats, i might hold off on starting and come along. Keep me posted
I'd be down for a trip to gulches that weekend
I don't wanna haul my zj stock that far knowing not gonna do much. I wanna abuse it with stock welded diffs on 235s lol before teardown but just not that far from home lol. Ya'll let me know where you choose to go

nice rig. I hope to be able to come but looks like I might start tearing down my ZJ for the 1 ton swap and if so, wouldn't have anything to ride. It would be fun however to bring it out stock welded diffs and beat the snot out of it before it gets parked....if you do think on the Flats, i might hold off on starting and come along. Keep me posted

I don't wanna haul my zj stock that far knowing not gonna do much. I wanna abuse it with stock welded diffs on 235s lol before teardown but just not that far from home lol. Ya'll let me know where you choose to go

Sounds good. If I don’t hear back from the flats I’ll give him a call and if it’s no go I might just hold off for now.

There is also Broken Nut. It's in Jefferson, SC Broken Nut Off Road Park User Group
Some guys from Raleigh are coming down the 16th. I will not be able to go with them that weekend because I'll be in Blowing Rock with the wife for our anniversary.

There is also Broken Nut. It's in Jefferson, SC Broken Nut Off Road Park User Group
Some guys from Raleigh are coming down the 16th. I will not be able to go with them that weekend because I'll be in Blowing Rock with the wife for our anniversary.

Have you been out there? I've been wanting to check it out, but mostly I see a lot of mud rigs and ATV/UTVs in the facebook group posts.

Have you been out there? I've been wanting to check it out, but mostly I see a lot of mud rigs and ATV/UTVs in the facebook group posts.
Been several times. I helped cut some trails there. Needs traffic on the good trails. There are some hill climbs. A cool creek ride. Some twist you up hill climbs. The Bee trail is my favorite. It's 30 min from the house. If I have nothing going on I will meet anyone up there and show them around. It's 350 acres and I have got lost on it. It's not well marked IMHO! The mud is real. Lots of it if that is your thing. It is not mine.

Been several times. I helped cut some trails there. Needs traffic on the good trails. There are some hill climbs. A cool creek ride. Some twist you up hill climbs. The Bee trail is my favorite. It's 30 min from the house. If I have nothing going on I will meet anyone up there and show them around. It's 350 acres and I have got lost on it. It's not well marked IMHO! The mud is real. Lots of it if that is your thing. It is not mine.

Haha I hate mud, but I know it’s part of off-roading. I did happen to get stuck last weekend after I recovered a truck.
95ae58234f8e80a56923399748198430.jpg

Awesome. One of these weekends if I can scrape out some free time, I would definitely like to ride it.

Back