Post Your 2010 Deer Pictures

stevewes2004

My season has gotten off to a pretty good start......

Doe on 9-13
ai426.photobucket.com_albums_pp345_stevewes2004_Fishing_20and_20Hunting_202010_Doe.jpg

8pt on 9-14
ai426.photobucket.com_albums_pp345_stevewes2004_Fishing_20and_20Hunting_202010_8pt1.jpg

ai426.photobucket.com_albums_pp345_stevewes2004_Fishing_20and_20Hunting_202010_8pt4.jpg

Ive got a fawn on trail cam...Thats about it because aparently gastonia doesnt have any land to hunt and when you find some they back out lol

nice! hope to post up me some too!

Good job man, thats a great start to a long season. I'm busy building my shop and don't have a clue if I'll get in the woods before I go to PA in November. Then again I wouldn't have a hard time shooting a doe off my deck:D

thanks guys! good luck to yas......

its just plain hard to find good hunting land

5pt down in Nash county

Took this guy opening day on my property and then in true NC4x4 fashion, hauled him back to the house in the Willys :huggy:. He was in velvet which was a plus. Not a bad start since this is the first year that I havent had a sea of soybeans on my place. He ran into a friggin swamp and took 5 hours to find him and get him home. suckage, but cool enough now that its over. Arrow went in a little back, turned back, ran out parallel to his pecker and stuck in his inside thigh. Luminock half of the arrow is still in the body cavity, but the half with the broadhead was recovered.
Boiled his head as HCORE4x4 taught me to do, and it turned out pretty good. The velvet is starting to stink, so itll come off soon, but it was still cool to get some pics of the skull with it on. I highly recommend NOT using anything but water when you do this. This was the first time not using boraxo and the stink and time required to boil was worlds apart different. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

shameless plug- used a Hindsight this year for the first time and wow, what a difference in-field. I have an astigmatism and wear weird contact lenses and this was a great improvement for me. just sayin....

Attachments

• js800_P9110149.jpg
    js800_P9110149.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 492
  • js800_P9120177.jpg
    js800_P9120177.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 491
This is going to sound stupid, but I never thought about boiling a head like that. I always hang them up in a tree and usually it takes years for it to bleach, and half the time squirrels munch off part of it.

Good job so far guys! I have to wait for gun season...

I'd say the easiest and most cost effective way would be to bury it upside down barely leaving the bottom of the head/neck exposed. I did one like that last year. Left it there about 4mos, pulled it out and it was perfect, the rack still had the same color it did when it was buried.

I have a friend that buys the beetles every year, thats neat.

I'd say the easiest and most cost effective way would be to bury it upside down barely leaving the bottom of the head/neck exposed. I did one like that last year. Left it there about 4mos, pulled it out and it was perfect, the rack still had the same color it did when it was buried.
I have a friend that buys the beetles every year, thats neat.

i always just kick the top off a piss ant hill and sit the skull in the resulting swarm and letting them do their thing.

i have yet to take my bow out of its case this season. hopefully ill get some time this week to make sure its still sighted in and go hunting.

Looking for this guys DADDY! (though will probably throw down on him if he makes it to ML season :flipoff2:)
PICT0004.jpg

yea buddy, thats a pretty buck. i'd like to see this guys daddy too.....

muzzyphantomed another doe last saturday.
ai426.photobucket.com_albums_pp345_stevewes2004_Fishing_20and_20Hunting_202010_IMG00414.jpg

My neighbor has a deer cam up on my land, he's looking for this one.. and is bound and determined to bag 'em. I don't care, as doe jerky tastes the same to me as buck jerky, but it'd be nice to see him get this..

wow.JPG

Not to hijack this thread, but deer like to munch on some small trees I've got planted in the back. What is a good camera to set up to snap pics like Dave and Rich posted? Could be fun.

Thanks,
Danny

head to Gander Mountain and they have a wide variety. Best camera really depends on the money you want to spend.

Not to hijack this thread, but deer like to munch on some small trees I've got planted in the back. What is a good camera to set up to snap pics like Dave and Rich posted? Could be fun.
Thanks,
Danny

bushnell trophy cam is great for the $$$. 200 bucks....

this was last year but i thought yall would like this...
one of my friends from high school
ai263.photobucket.com_albums_ii148_cgm147_buck1.jpg

wow is that a NC deer? great deer regardless, but in NC, excellent. some nice horn in the truck bed too.

thats a brute! is that in PA?

Yeah, about 1000' behind my house is where he sets up the camera. First time I was out walking the perimeter (I do it about 2x a year to make sure the no trespassing signs are still up), and I see the box on a tree..
He hadn't told me he was putting it there, so inquisitively, I walked up to it and was looking around. He got quite a laugh as he was looking through the pics later on and had about 5 of me with a really confused look on my face.. :)

Back