Prayer request

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
My nephew was in a bad accident up at Western Carolina University. Got TBoned in the passenger side turning left. He wasn't wearing a seat belt and got thrown into the passenger area.
He is in stable critical condition with several small bleeds on his brain. Very disoriented and in pain. I don't know if any other injuries.

He is studying Law and is a third year football player who plays for the love of the game. He is a walk on and this was going to be a year of starts after a Red shirt year and years on special teams.

His Name is Dawson. Thanks in advance!

Update small bleeds have popped up in different areas. Some seen in CT yesterday have slowed.
Dr. said he cannot finish this semester for sure and most likely will require rehabilitation to recover the best he can.
The amount of neurological damage is yet unknown.
My mother being retired intensive care nurse tells me it depends on cell damage and portions that actually die from the trauma. This doesn't sound good, grateful he is alive still.

Ummm small world moment.
It wasn't Dawson Johnson was it?

If so..that's crazy small world close. Lane's host on his visit weekend.
Prayers sent either way.

If we can help say the word.

Update. No changes. Good or bad. Dawson still cannot verbally communicate sentences or thoughts. Doesn't repond well to concussion type questions. Occasional yes or no. Doesn't know where he is or why he hurts. Pain meds wear down and he gets a little combative.
Thanks for the prayers folks.

on our prayer list.

Update. Dawson is getting some better, but very slowly. Luckily he hasn't sustained any physical damage other than bruised from banging around.
Sadly though had he worn a belt he may have not banged his head up so bad.
At this point I wish he would have had the belt on. He may have broken up his back or pelvis? Who knows? The reality so far is his mental abilities are extremely slow to heal. I fear he is going to suffer permanent changes. His ability to walk steady, cloth himself, or other small task are a challenge. He still doesn't remember the accident. Communication and sentence structure are a struggle, I can only imagine what is trapped in his head. My sister hasn't said much and is staying positive.
The short of it he is still bad enough out patient care is not an option.
Thanks for the prayer. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Dawson was discharged to a rehab center in Charlotte for traumatic brain injury. This was Nov.23
The improvement meant he was ready for one on one monitored rehab.

On the 25th he was released to come home and continue his healing! We are so greatful for his healing and progress.
God has truly blessed him and his family. They finally have an accident report. The only info I have is the Trooper didn't think he was going to survive. Granted he doesn't know medical like a doctor, or Dawson and his families faith.

From unconscious and non responsive to awake and lacking many abilities from physical to memory Dawson is now a walking miracle.

We as a family praise and thank God. Thank you for all the past and continued prayers.

Back