Prayer request

Prayer sent to all involved. It does warm my heart to here is saved and knows Jesus. Real healing will come.

I believe my aunt is upset with me because I haven’t went to see him, and didn’t go this evening. But there’s a reason.

The last time I saw him was right before he got sick. We laughed and cut up, we hugged and said we loved each other. That smile and that hug is what I choose to remember. Maybe that’s selfish but I don’t want the last memory of him to be what he is now.
It’s funny cause truth be told, he would always say he loved me not long after me and my wife got married (technically my wife’s aunt/uncle) and I met him. I didn’t really start saying it back till a couple years ago. Last time I seen him I was actually the one to say it first and I am so glad for that.

Prayers are still being sent for everyone. I hate this terribly for all of you.

I can certainly attest that Steve is a great person. There wasn't a single moment, in the handful of times I was blessed with his presence, that he wasn't smiling and enjoying life. That trip to the Ranch will always be a great memory. I don't drink liquor anymore but for this, I will happily take a seat and raise a glass of Knob Creek in his honor.

If Kim, you, Lindsay, or the kids need anything, just ask.

Prayers. So sorry this didn't turn out a different way. Prayers for you and his wife Kim and all the family. Steve was Carolina Trail Blazers family and I'm sorry with everything else going on I didn't make the connection sooner.

Prayers for all involved.
Just from your description I hate I never met Steve, sounds like a helluva man.

Grieve your way, cope your way, you matter and are entitled to.

I believe my aunt is upset with me because I haven’t went to see him, and didn’t go this evening. But there’s a reason.

The last time I saw him was right before he got sick. We laughed and cut up, we hugged and said we loved each other. That smile and that hug is what I choose to remember. Maybe that’s selfish but I don’t want the last memory of him to be what he is now.
It’s funny cause truth be told, he would always say he loved me not long after me and my wife got married (technically my wife’s aunt/uncle) and I met him. I didn’t really start saying it back till a couple years ago. Last time I seen him I was actually the one to say it first and I am so glad for that.
I'll tell you my experience even though you didn't ask for it. I watched my dad pass and I went to the funeral. He looked nothing like himself. He was full of fluid and bloated. He was always overweight but he looked bad. Not the best picture of the man you regarded so highly. My point is, even though I saw the worst of him it's not what I remember. I remember the good stuff, the fun times, and the memories that really embody him. Not those last days. Will I forget it? No, he died on 9/10/2013 at 7:06 pm. I can remember exactly what he looked like and what he said.

I get why you don't want to see him but I'll be the guy that says you should. Just my experience. Take it or leave it.

Sorry for the loss man. Prayers for the family.

Back