Prayer request

77GreenMachine

Phillip Talton
I posted this on Facebook, but I know many of you are not on there.

This is my uncle Steve. Steve is a great man, a father, a husband and a friend.

I am desperately asking for you to join me in prayer. He’s been in the hospital with COVID for over 2 weeks now, and as of a short time ago his kidneys are failing. They are starting a 5 day trial of Dialysis and said that is the last and final thing they can do for him.

Him and my aunt Kim got a JK a couple years ago and got the Jeep bug bad. I’ve taken them to Big Creek and The Ranch and coached him along mild trails and watched him do things he didn’t think he could do. And took him wheeling in my Jeep on the wild trails.

I will cherish this wheeling trip with him forever. I pray there are more in the future. He wheels a JK but we love him anyway. Please pray for Steve with me!

0399DC77-E7BF-47C4-8F6F-4407345F2B0E.jpeg
84B832E2-4897-438E-A17D-B561A5ED4694.jpeg
C52B3C55-173E-4971-8644-0EDA98230098.jpeg
223E39B0-D9AA-4EC1-8915-3A64F1E71758.jpeg

You got it man.

Prayers lifted

Praying

Praying .....

Prayers for him and his family.

There was good news this morning. They said his oxygen was doing better and his kidneys eyes were responding to the dialysis.

But my Aunt called just now and said he has taken a turn for the worse and she is heading to the hospital. That is usually never a good thing.

Steve is still critical. I guess I’ve became numb and accepted the inevitable. I hope I’m wrong. He’s made very little progress, very little urine. They've removed the vent and the meds that sedate him. The doctor basically told my aunt last Sunday that he was on life support and they couldn’t continue on if he wasn’t going to improve. So the decision was made to slowly remove everything and see if he could fight to live.
As of yesterday everything but the dialysis was removed and he still won’t wake up. They are giving the meds time to get out of his system, but also checking for stroke. His lungs are severely damaged with massive amount of scarring and and a high possibility of fibrosis.
At this point I question if he lives, what kind of time line till he’s somewhat normal, will he even be normal again. I don’t know the answers. I hate this. I hate all of it.
I can’t explain how much his wife (my aunt) needs him. I fear the worst for her if he doesn’t make it.

They were so close to being sent free, selling their house and moving to the beach which they love so much.

Please continue to pray.

They were so close to being sent free, selling their house and moving to the beach which they love so much.

Please continue to pray.

Will keep praying for a miracle, and peace for the family.

My inlaws had the same plan. Once all the kids were out of the house, they would retire, sell out, and move to the beach with the rest of their friends and family. My FIL died from a heart attack when my wife was a freshman in college. Financially and emotionally, my MIL was never able to fulfill their dream. I dont know that she wants that future anymore, but it sucks that you plan and work for a future, for it all to go in an instant.

Sorry to hear this. As someone who's seen the turn, it can be gut wrenching. At one moment it looks like it's about to turn around and then the next you're having to make plans. Anyone that's been there understands this and will continue to pray for comfort and healing.

Sorry to hear this. As someone who's seen the turn, it can be gut wrenching. At one moment it looks like it's about to turn around and then the next you're having to make plans. Anyone that's been there understands this and will continue to pray for comfort and healing.

Yeah that’s been the hard part for sure. I’ve seen improvement and thought “ok great, he’s on the mend and getting better from here” but then it’s 2 steps back, then forward, and now it’s really just at a stand still.

They have called in comfort care for Steve and opened up for end of life visits. We do not expect him live thru the week, if that long.

Thank you for your prayers. Steve’s body is tired and can no longer fight. It’s time for him to go home. I know that Steve knows Christ as his savior, so there’s comfort in that. I will cherish the time spent with him forever.

My concern is for my Aunt Kim. Since I’m venting here, I’ll just ramble a bit. Me and my wife are coping with this differently. I want to talk about it and enjoy talking about the memories, my wife does not want to talk about it at all.

Steve is one of the most patient people I know. He loves Kim like I can’t explain. She was married before him, a few times. She got it wrong all of those times but really found a winner with Steve. They laughed and traveled and did so much together. There is certainly the fair share of family drama I’ll spare you the details with, but I always admired Steve for how well he handled it all and how he pushed thru all of the hard times due to his love for Kim. He really is her rock, her everything, her true love. He’s also the father of two adult sons.
Steve and Kim had been focused on getting debt free, selling their home and moving to the beach. That was their dream. A couple years ago they bought a JK and got into light/mild wheeling. We went to Uwharrie, Big Creek, Kairos and The Ranch together. It was amazing to watch him do something new and outside his comfort zone. I remember him once coming up a hill he had to work at, give it a few bumps and give a lot more throttle than he was ever used to. I told him we could winch if he wanted but I knew it was capable. He listened and made it up. He got out and had the shakes, adrenalin and really excited. I was so proud of him. I said that’s a great feeling right there ain’t it? He said “yeah absolutely, this why y’all keep doing this ain’t it?” I said yep this is exactly what keeps you coming back, and progresses over time into harder stuff.

When we went to The Ranch he rode with me up all the hardest trails. He had fun and was really impressed, but not nearly as blown away by that as much as when my power steering took a dump we drug out of the woods and the next morning promptly sourced the parts, me, @D2320M and @adamk took the whole front of the motor/accessories apart and was back wheeling all while laughing and having fun doing it. He just thought that was so cool.

That weekend was filled with laughter, excitement, and fun. That night at dinner Steve bought as all several rounds of Knob Creek bourbon. I had so looked forward to doing more trips like that with Steve and even talked about having him come on our annual guys trip with us next year. It breaks my heart that ain’t be happening. I typed this in tears as I think about it and my heart breaks for Kim.

When the smoke settles and the time is right @D2320M, @adamk and I are going to enjoy some Knob Creek in his honor. I truly thought me and Steve would be enjoying some together again, but it doesn’t look that way.

Hug your loved ones. And pray for my aunt please.

Back