Project: PackMule

How are the junkyards in VA? Anything square body barely even makes it to ours down here.

@XJsavage surprisingly there’s a ton of square body stuff up here! A lot of folks still drive their 73-87 Chevy’s so demand keeps bone yards wth a few goodies, I seen a half ass decent K5 in junkyard few months ago still had engine and trans complete in it! I resisted temptation on it tho wish I would have tore the rear springs out of it now lol

Give me an idea of what parts you might need and I'll be on the lookout around SC. I keep the roads hot.

So after some cutting I’m seeing a lot of heavy surface rust on frame not sure if it’s a real concern tho!? On the fence with just using blazer frame and body for this project but really wanna use this frame and body for fam capable rig and make blazer a 2 seater later on... if I box this with channel I’m assuming it’ll hold up for a few good times!? Lol Don’t see cracks in frame anywhere or rot through so that’s a plus, Gonna run some disks on it Tom to see what I have underneath!
A2408C93-2CA7-4C62-BCF7-8ED3EE55CF40.jpeg

Only had hourish to tinker today after work, but looks like the frame is gonna be usable! It didn’t take a lot to get the surface off, still plenty of metal untouched under that old age! Was considering doing the 52 swap up front with factory hangers but I hear the cool kids using diy4x b52 hangers so that made my decision... Ordering them and zero rates next week and picking up 52” leafs soon as I can make a short trip to the boneyard! So much to do and so little time! I’m considering throwing up a pole barn in this lot I have so I can grind on this thing during the winter more than I’d be able to under the stars... crack shack was a option but honestly I could buy lumber for the $100 I’d spend on it and have something stable!
1BE461CC-158C-46F6-9427-F87F0DE5C404.jpeg
706B01E7-24E6-466A-97B5-D7DBCE4C77FF.jpeg

Crack shake was warm in the winter sun kept it warmer than you would think... summer time it’s ungodly hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I almost grabbed one today but Wasn’t sure if it’s integrity up in these hills!? I’m strongly considering renting some equipment to clear a flat spot and puttin a little shed/barn up. I’m truly in need of level ground tho to put this behemoth on stands soon so I can see some real progress besides this tedious stuff all at once. lol tear down on this thing has been hell inside and out!

Picking up CUCV 14ff tom hopefully, sad part is it’ll have the 4.56/Detroit parts missing and open 3.73 gears swapped into it...:shaking: All good tho! I’ll do gears and locker when I can or I’ll weld it up and roll on till I do! Will def have spare shafts and carrier on board in case it makes appearance on the trail before regear! :D

Well since @Loganwayne has a crack shack I decided to pop up a grow house... will work for now kept the rain off today also so until I need sides on it, it’s open!
7B77A46E-B9D6-4412-B565-608D88300EB9.jpeg
738E8ABF-01E8-4103-91A1-800729FB21EC.jpeg
Starting fender trim and dove nose this week while I wait on 14bolt to be delivered to put under this thing! Also believe this truck has 52” rear leafs on it that I may use to make a bastard pack with a 56” ten pack set of leafs I have for the front gives me some extra leafs to get height and flex a little better! Still on fence about rear leafs or go ahead and do a simple 4link really wanna get to wheel sooner than later tho and I know links will take some time an extra coin...

Back