Public Service Announcement for all NC Drivers

I hate those fucking baby on board sticker things. Like I am supposed to give a shit that you weren't able to pull out in time.
I have never understood what people expect to get out of other people by using the signs.
Are you telling me I need to be extra cautious around you just b/c you have a kid in your car?
Newsflash - I'm equally cautious about ALL other cars. The fact you have a baby is irrelevant to me.
I don't want to hit, or be hit by, ANY other vehicle. The person driving or riding in any other car is somebody else's baby too.

I think it's just a way for people to brag/be proud of the fact that they have kids.

What if I am passing everybody? can I drive in the left lane then?

I have never understood what people expect to get out of other people by using the signs.
Are you telling me I need to be extra cautious around you just b/c you have a kid in your car?
Newsflash - I'm equally cautious about ALL other cars. The fact you have a baby is irrelevant to me.
I don't want to hit, or be hit by, ANY other vehicle. The person driving or riding in any other car is somebody else's baby too.

I think it's just a way for people to brag/be proud of the fact that they have kids.

The idea is that if you are in a wreck, don't just get my unconscious azz out of the front seat, but please also look in the back seat and get my kid out before it becomes a burning pile of sheet metal. Sort of like how a HazMat sign tells emergency personnel what kind of cargo that they can expect to be inhaling fumes from as it burns.

It may be illegal to impede traffic in the left lane. But it's also illegal to pass on the right.

I did not know that. I pass on the right all the time without hesitating to do so.

It's not illegal, at least not in NC (see #2 and 3 below):

§ 20-150.1. When passing on the right is permitted.
The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only under
the following conditions:
(1) When the vehicle overtaken is in a lane designated for left turns;
(2) Upon a street or highway with unobstructed pavement of sufficient width
which have been marked for two or more lanes of moving vehicles in each
direction and are not occupied by parked vehicles;
(3) Upon a one-way street, or upon a highway on which traffic is restricted to
one direction of movement when such street or highway is free from
obstructions and is of sufficient width and is marked for two or more lanes
of moving vehicles which are not occupied by parked vehicles;
(4) When driving in a lane designating a right turn on a red traffic signal light.
(1953, c. 679.)

Back