Random pic thread.

Nice Carolina squat
Yeah, I had 100psi in the bags and I kept watching it squat as they loaded. The load on the trailer was only 15k but had way too much pin weight.

On second thought I should have flipped my tow mirrors into beavis mode. That would have solved it.

20210427_190702.jpg

Hvac guys... I used to get them from them all the time, used to hold the sway bar when disconnected.
Make good CV boot clamps in a pinch as well.

Make good CV boot clamps in a pinch as well.
Just be sure to cut the end off, or it'll be quite annoying.

... which is the other thing they are good for o na buddy's truck

His is fine other than the plate, but to fix it right, I would need to knock off all the plate, get it down to the frame, and the weld the outside channels back on. Honestly I like their design with the C-channel side rails, because that's where everyone else's deck fails, but the plate's gotta survive too.

I have my eye on this Dunham EG60 cutter, and the deck is 3/16"ish plate and free of rust.
View attachment 344376

Gearbox is smooth and deck is in great shape other than the obvious surface rust. But I kinda worry that will add too much weight for his anemic Ford 8N. But I can get it for not much more than the material to fix his, and can probably get $100-200 for the busted King Kutter. Also, has anyone priced 5ft bush hogs lately? Cheapest new one I could find was $1150! Last I checked they were like $600-700 all day long (but it has been a few years).

Bit of a ride for you, but there are still some cheaper ones to be had new

Bit of a ride for you, but there are still some cheaper ones to be had new
thats what I bought.
You dont want their SD (Standard Duty) unless you dont use it.
Their HD and XD models are actaully pretty darn beef. One of those classic business lessons. THey have a reputation as a cheap manuafcturer. Their premium products are a bargain compared to others - their cheapest stuff....you get what you pay for.

thats what I bought.
You dont want their SD (Standard Duty) unless you dont use it.
Their HD and XD models are actaully pretty darn beef. One of those classic business lessons. THey have a reputation as a cheap manuafcturer. Their premium products are a bargain compared to others - their cheapest stuff....you get what you pay for.
You seen these king cutters we're all talking about? If the deck metal got any thinner on those things it would be made out of 26 ga ducting metal :lol:

You seen these king cutters we're all talking about? If the deck metal got any thinner on those things it would be made out of 26 ga ducting metal :lol:
IIRC the SD Jbar is 14 guage.
Its thin.
I wouldn't personally pull one in anything but a known manicured field.

Do you know who built that for you?
Our stuff like that (carbon) is usually fab’d up for us by Jack A Farrior out of Farmville, NC. Our big stainless and monel stuff, that’s a different story. It comes from all sorts of places.

Edit: Schoffner out of Knoxville, Tn made that and the cross over.

Last edited:
Our stuff like that (carbon) is usually fab’d up for us by Jack A Farrior out of Farmville, NC. Our big stainless and monel stuff, that’s a different story. It comes from all sorts of places.

Edit: Schoffner out of Knoxville, Tn made that and the cross over.
What is all that?

Edit: Schoffner out of Knoxville, Tn made that and the cross
Gotcha. I work at Ward Vessel and Exchanger. Didnt know if we had built it or not.

Back