Random pic thread.

Processed 48 chickens on Saturday. Always a good feeling when they are finished and can go to the freezer/customers.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621882188390.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621882188390.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 119
Went to Hillsville to pick up my lumber for my 2 shelters from B&G Bandmill. Bob Gill is a great guy and make some amazing live edge furniture and can provide any species of lumber you want.

He is storing some amazing wood. These pieces are very special. George Washington commissioned a number of ships but only 3 were built. The other lumber was dropped into Boston Harbor.

Well some was rescued and this is part of it. It is Live Oak and grew in this bowed shape. It was cut for ship bows because it grew this way and would be very strong.
This very old wood of which this is only a portion, was bought for $80k a while back 😵‍💫

Very cool history 👍🏻

400B85E7-F937-45E0-866F-7708DF4566CE.jpeg

Went to Hillsville to pick up my lumber for my 2 shelters from B&G Bandmill. Bob Gill is a great guy and make some amazing live edge furniture and can provide any species of lumber you want.

He is storing some amazing wood. These pieces are very special. George Washington commissioned a number of ships but only 3 were built. The other lumber was dropped into Boston Harbor.

Well some was rescued and this is part of it. It is Live Oak and grew in this bowed shape. It was cut for ship bows because it grew this way and would be very strong.
This very old wood of which this is only a portion, was bought for $80k a while back 😵‍💫

Very cool history 👍🏻

View attachment 347443
Paid $80k and leaves it laying on the ground? :confused:

Buddies doors wouldn't open on one of his dry van trailers so got to come smash the shit out of it with Komatsu
"Smash the shit out of it" aka, lightly push it back in square so the door opens. Pulling the trailer onto a flat surface usually works too :lol:

"Smash the shit out of it" aka, lightly push it back in square so the door opens. Pulling the trailer onto a flat surface usually works
One of his drivers got out of the truck-- not the one hooked to it now-- without setting the brakes and it rolled off down a hill still loaded. The wrecker pulled out by hooking a chain to the left side landing gear so now its twisted about 8". Or was.

Back