Random pic thread.

All the Disney hate, I don’t get it. My wife and I say we’ll go more often when the kids move out! We love it. When we go, we go on weeks that the crowds are at the lowest (you can check websites for that) stay on Disney property so we don’t have to drive or pay to park, we make our meal reservations months ahead of time so no stress for finding a place to eat.
We went to Universal the week before Thanksgiving and the longest wait time we had for any ride was under 30 minutes.

By the way, if you don’t want to pay to park at Disney, you can park at Disney Springs for free, take a Disney bus to any Disney resort for free, then take another Disney bus (or monorail or boat) for free to any Disney Park. But I’d rather spend the money than the time.

All the Disney hate, I don’t get it. My wife and I say we’ll go more often when the kids move out! We love it. When we go, we go on weeks that the crowds are at the lowest (you can check websites for that) stay on Disney property so we don’t have to drive or pay to park, we make our meal reservations months ahead of time so no stress for finding a place to eat.
We went to Universal the week before Thanksgiving and the longest wait time we had for any ride was under 30 minutes.

By the way, if you don’t want to pay to park at Disney, you can park at Disney Springs for free, take a Disney bus to any Disney resort for free, then take another Disney bus (or monorail or boat) for free to any Disney Park. But I’d rather spend the money than the time.
I guess I've just become a grouchy ole codger.I feel the same way about Dollywood,Kings Island,Cedar point and Carrowinds.I've been to all of those and
even been to Euro Disney.

I'll admit, the new lines suck. Used to, when they had FastPass, you could really hit up what you wanted and keep moving. We haven't messed with this new Genie horseshit they have but I hear it's not rolling out too smooth.

Universal was a lot of fun but the 3 hour wait in Hagrid's blew a goat. The ride was awesome though at night.

The wife says we are going to Disney when our boys get a little older. I have already started a smear campaign. I tell my oldest who lately has been a Spiderman fanatic, that there is nothing there for little boys. Its all princess stuff.
The Star Wars stuff is pretty damn cool

The wife says we are going to Disney when our boys get a little older. I have already started a smear campaign. I tell my oldest who lately has been a Spiderman fanatic, that there is nothing there for little boys. Its all princess stuff.
We went just before my son turned 3 (still free). He is huge so was big enough to ride lots of things (winning). He had a blast. We rode the mine train like 7 times.

It’s just a lot, a lot of waiting, a lot of money, a lot of waiting, 2 minute rides after waiting 15-45 minutes.
That is what killed it for me. I HATE waiting in lines for anything. I also hate being in crowds.

Been to Disney, dont care to go back. I had fun, but it was one of those things Ive done and dont care to do it again.

I drove a Disney bus for close to 5 years when I lived in FL. It was one of the best jobs I ever had. Pay wasn't great (wasn't bad for FL either) but once you got a bit of seniority, hours were damn good, benefits were decent for part time work and the perks great (who doesn't want to see Cinderella in her underwear).

Of course, this was in the days of paper fast passes, free resort parking and $12 park parking for off site guests. Back when the company still cared about good show. While I still love Disney, the current management team only cares about money and that has caused the parks to go to crap. Last time I went back to FL, we did Sea World, Universal and only went to Downtown Disney (before the redesign to Disney Springs).

EA402357-FA6D-4A2D-9C87-CA6A6B292F00.jpeg

Saw this landmark today

Cleaned up a few cast iron pieces that just needed a light oiling and heating. The bigger old stuff needed more work and are in the oven now.

One of the 5” pans came from cataloochee valley
I have been a collector of these and just didn’t know it, I love cooking on them, my favorite one I use a lot has been handed down for about 100 years now, it was made in NC

I have very old to fairly new cast iron. A few were my great grandmother’s. I have a 16” pan I bought from Agri-Supply that was pretty rough finished. After a lot of sanding and seasoning it is my outdoor fish and hushpuppy pan.

The wife has 2 she is allowed to use LOL and knows not to mess with the others.

We use mini-splits for heating and cooling and while I do have a generator setup my “what if” part of my brain wanted backups to the backups. I have had this heater and stuff to install it since last spring. News of this weekends snowpocalyse got me off my butt.

It puts out crazy heat, 20000 BTU and has a nice thermostat. Feels good man 🐸

7B307E0C-A9D4-45FF-9B9D-6BD205D5CC13.jpeg

Well crap, seems I'm getting part of the road raised, & the sidewalks to match. Seems a waste of City money, to please a few that don't like the raised RR Tracks. Probably been that way for 100 years! I got a front row seat to see how bad they screw up my yard!

Attachments

• 20220110_124222.jpg
    20220110_124222.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 105
And when they RR workers get to my yard, I Got ask them, why they spread new Ballast, Before installing new Ties? I looked up "

Creosote", since I thought it was outlawed. Nope; commercial use only, such as utility poles & RR Ties. [excuse the bold type]​

Attachments

• 20220108_154249.jpg
    20220108_154249.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220108_154253.jpg
    20220108_154253.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 90
We delivered to Statesville Tuesday. Close enough? :dumbass:
would you deliver to Mocksville? Maybe a side drop of a partial.......I need a trailer floor.

Back