Random pic thread.

While visiting a friend a can of glitter spray paint hit the laundry room floor and exploded. It was spraying fire and ignited a pack of TP and some towels. I jumped in and started tossing everything outside.

I think the burning plastic from the TP pack is what got me. Another minute or so and his house would have caught fire. View attachment 189545
How does that even happen? Props for jumping in there, way too many "runners" in our society today. Try soy sauce on it, works good on my minor burns if applied in a reasonable time frame.

uploadfromtaptalk1434296845645.jpg

While visiting a friend a can of glitter spray paint hit the laundry room floor and exploded. It was spraying fire and ignited a pack of TP and some towels. I jumped in and started tossing everything outside.

I think the burning plastic from the TP pack is what got me. Another minute or so and his house would have caught fire.

Nasty blister! There seems to be some info missing, though. I've seen plenty of cans of paint explode, they typically don't spontaneously combust! How did it ignite?

I call Bullshit !

thats either wrapping paper or some other sort of print ( tag on lower right gives it away, as does the crease roll on the bill edge by the tag )
Haha winner!! It was a liner inside of a backpack at Burke's, I thought it looked cool.

Nasty blister! There seems to be some info missing, though. I've seen plenty of cans of paint explode, they typically don't spontaneously combust! How did it ignite?

My wife went to grab a pack of TP to replenish the stock in our friends bathroom. When she grabbed a roll, the can and the whole pack fell. Upon impact the can ruptured. It was spraying everywhere (and in front of a dryer), when she bent down to pick it up it ignited. I was outside the door holding my toddler son. I thought my buddy was being an idiot and lit fireworks in the room. I even saw a flaming roll of TP exit the room after the FOOOOMFFF!

Wife screamed somebody help. I tossed the toddler on the ground and ran into the laundry room and threw her out. It was a fully involved fire the size of a coffee table and growing. That's when I screamed out of the fawking way and started tossing anything on fire out the door. The spray paint can was spewing 3' flames when I got to it.

Another dude was behind me and as I was throwing the first few flaming rolls of TP out the door he was running in. The look on his face was priceless, huge fire in the room and three or four rolls of flaming TP hits him in the chest. Nobody else came to the door until I jumped outside.

It's a miracle my wife only got some toasted hair, I got a blister and my buddy's house didn't burn to the ground.

He lives in Charleston so we spent the day on the river wakeboarding and having refreshments. Got plenty of salt water therapy today and more to come the rest of the week.

My wife went to grab a pack of TP to replenish the stock in our friends bathroom. When she grabbed a roll, the can and the whole pack fell. Upon impact the can ruptured. It was spraying everywhere (and in front of a dryer), when she bent down to pick it up it ignited. I was outside the door holding my toddler son. I thought my buddy was being an idiot and lit fireworks in the room. I even saw a flaming roll of TP exit the room after the FOOOOMFFF!

Wife screamed somebody help. I tossed the toddler on the ground and ran into the laundry room and threw her out. It was a fully involved fire the size of a coffee table and growing. That's when I screamed out of the fawking way and started tossing anything on fire out the door. The spray paint can was spewing 3' flames when I got to it.

Another dude was behind me and as I was throwing the first few flaming rolls of TP out the door he was running in. The look on his face was priceless, huge fire in the room and three or four rolls of flaming TP hits him in the chest. Nobody else came to the door until I jumped outside.

It's a miracle my wife only got some toasted hair, I got a blister and my buddy's house didn't burn to the ground.

He lives in Charleston so we spent the day on the river wakeboarding and having refreshments. Got plenty of salt water therapy today and more to come the rest of the week.

Holy shit! Was the dryer running? I'm still curious as to what the ignition source was. That's a hell of a story, and I'm glad everyone got out alright in the end. Yeah, that could have been a whole lot worse. You're going to look back and laugh at the memory of pelting your buddy with flaming hockey tickets! Definitely makes me reconsider how we store paint cans.

We took the wifes jeep out today for a lil back road ridin,took hwy 70 out to paint creek and cooled off in the water for a while.We went all the way thru to Hot springs.
20150614_134840.jpg

Holy shit! Was the dryer running? I'm still curious as to what the ignition source was. That's a hell of a story, and I'm glad everyone got out alright in the end. Yeah, that could have been a whole lot worse. You're going to look back and laugh at the memory of pelting your buddy with flaming hockey tickets! Definitely makes me reconsider how we store paint cans.

Ive been thinking about the ignition source. It was either the dryer or Boyles gas law. The lint trap in the dryer melted too.

My wife went to grab a pack of TP... FOOOOMFFF!.... 3' flames ..flaming rolls of TP.. hits him in the chest... I got a blister and my buddy's house didn't burn to the ground.

Crazy story man! Where did ya'll do your wakeboarding yesterday? We took my buddy's boat down the Stono River to the back side of Kiawah and hung out for a few hours with some friends. Great day to be on the water!

I think the burning plastic from the TP pack is what got me. Another minute or so and his house would have caught fire. View attachment 189545

HOLY CRAP! Glad you are OK.

You got that right. Every weekend I'm not working or wheeling we try to go on a pretty good day hike.

We used to live in Jefferson NC. Every weekend was 4 wheels, 2 wheels, or 2 feet... Loved it....

This was probably the best weekend ride we ever took... Started at Stations Inn in Laurel Springs (5 min from the house) and rode the Parkway all the way to the southern tip. Then took back roads all the way home....
image.jpg

Back