Random pic thread.

A little sneak peek, I’ll post more pics next week when it’s done-done.
Our house (built in 1984) had a two level deck. Upper deck off of the master bedroom. Lower deck off of our #1 daughter’s room. It was really rotten. Had a GC demolish the old one and build a new upgraded version. This version has a roof the original didn’t have and both levels are screened in. Decking is Trex. And we found this little patio furniture set on super clearance at Academy.

Both decks are 12x12. Lower deck about 6’ off the ground, Our deck is probably about 15’ off the ground, up in the trees. We now call it The Treehouse.

CEE68286-35BE-4D7F-8150-DA42855EED32.jpeg

Burnin the midnight oil cooking chicken for the FD

20220924_005654.jpg

What’s the details on that one!
Kawasaki teryx with some suspension work, tires, and wheels. It’s got a winch and stereo too. Nothing real sexy and it’s not fast, but I don’t mind turning her or the kids loose in it. It looks brand new but it’s a 2013. Old man owned. Drove it up and down a dirt road to check his mail. It’s got like 150 hrs or so. Wife and kids are excited so I’m cool with it. Had my eye on a small block Chevy YJ, but it’s all good. Maybe next time.

Brits are pansies.
But I feel like they are onto something w/ the goose.
1664034757799.png

Crazy update on The Treehouse. I almost left the door open last night because it was so cool outside, but I’m glad I didn’t now. I woke up to a strange sound this morning. Got up and looked thru the glass door, somehow a squirrel got into the screened-in porch and couldn’t find its way out. It was going nuts! Wife and I grabbed some beach towels and slowly opened the door. Squirrel got really pissed then, and found its way out thru the brand new screen. I think that is the hole he came in thru because I can’t find any other openings. We’ve been here 5 years and when that deck was totally open, I never saw a squirrel on it.

So glad I didn’t leave the door open last night, squirrel would have been inside the house, and our dog would have recreated the scene from Christmas Vacation.

Brits are pansies.
View attachment 381433
Most of this list is completely under estimated. 11 out 0f 15 on this list are completely under estimated......unless you count luck or firearms. Man is nowhere near a match for any of these until we invented tools.

This chart seems to be the ancient vs. of "F" around and find out.

Brits are pansies.
View attachment 381433
I feel like everything from crocodile on down is pretty much impossible, and I'd put kangaroo in there too. Wolf is 50/50, kinda depends on who gets who's neck first. Most men have enough mass to outpower the wolf if you get in the right position. Chimpanzee is a friggin wildcard too.

I feel like everything from crocodile on down is pretty much impossible, and I'd put kangaroo in there too. Wolf is 50/50, kinda depends on who gets who's neck first. Most men have enough mass to outpower the wolf if you get in the right position. Chimpanzee is a friggin wildcard too.
No feeakin way on the chimp. They are all muscle, super fast, and have viscious nails and teeth.

No feeakin way on the chimp. They are all muscle, super fast, and have viscious nails and teeth.
I agree. Go dig up that poor person who's pet mutilated them horribly.

Anything from large dog down the average American man is gonna loose 100%. Hell I wouldn't want to fight a large dog much less a wolf and with nothing but my fist no way
So you gonna do combat with a critter who can swoop in with razors on their feet and a beak strong enough to crush small bones? Man your braver than I am.

So you gonna do combat with a critter who can swoop in with razors on their feet and a beak strong enough to crush small bones? Man your braver than I am.
I didn't say I'd like it but once they grab hold of them you grab them and it's over for them. I've helped a friend that was a falconer catch red tail hawks. I'm not saying it wouldn't kick my ass in the process but if you get ahold of a leg or a wing you got them

It says "would you win", not "would you choose to engage with" ;) Even a housecat is quite an adversary when I'm sitting on the couch half nekked. But unless the animal can incapacitate me before I can incapacitate it, I'm gonna "win", i just probably will get damaged in the process.

It says "would you win", not "would you choose to engage with" ;) Even a housecat is quite an adversary when I'm sitting on the couch half nekked. But unless the animal can incapacitate me before I can incapacitate it, I'm gonna "win", i just probably will get damaged in the process.
Not bleeding is winning in my book.

Back