Random pic thread.

Christmas gift from one of our treated wood mills.
Gonna be upping my BLT game this week😎
View attachment 386824
You weren't already a baller with all the lumber products, but now you post a picture of prime porker products (worth thousands in today's economy). Sheesh.... save some for the rest of us man.

When passing through Mt. Olive before Turkey Day we swung by the tiny-ass gift shop at the factory. Picked up some hoodies (sold at cost!), stickers (free) and got this jar that blew my mind it existed (she threw it in free).
1670445092941.png

Last night we popped them open, daughter and I love them. Just enough hint of flavor to do the trick. i could just eat them straight, but they'd be super good on a ham sammich.

A friend sent me this pic he saw.
IMG_20221207_224740.jpg

My son and I started making our own until we ran out of pieces.
20221207_224447.jpg

You must have a rather impressive assortment of Legos at home in order to find all these and be color matched
I was really surprised at how many light gray pieces I had. Figured I'd have to mix in some other stuff. The only one I compromised on was the back of the column.
20221208_223902.jpg

I could have just stacked some 1x2s and a 45 degree cap, but the column shape is what makes old machines look so much nicer. Also, a couple dang mismatched Tyco blocks in the middle. :laughing:

I appreciate the detail with the Kurt vise.
Yeah that was probably my favorite too. I also liked the power feed box with handle.

I was really surprised at how many light gray pieces I had. Figured I'd have to mix in some other stuff. The only one I compromised on was the back of the column.
View attachment 387009
I could have just stacked some 1x2s and a 45 degree cap, but the column shape is what makes old machines look so much nicer. Also, a couple dang mismatched Tyco blocks in the middle. :laughing:
next @mbalbritton will be calling you to move to Florida.

When passing through Mt. Olive before Turkey Day we swung by the tiny-ass gift shop at the factory. Picked up some hoodies (sold at cost!), stickers (free) and got this jar that blew my mind it existed (she threw it in free).
View attachment 386861

Last night we popped them open, daughter and I love them. Just enough hint of flavor to do the trick. i could just eat them straight, but they'd be super good on a ham sammich.
My FIL lives right down the block from there.

Got started today on a project that's been on the back burner a few years. Making a workstation/table for my mag drill. Setting it up so I can clamp smaller/thinner pieces for drilling. Also can setup stops, etc so can supplement drill press if it's tied up with another set-up. Table is an old machine base a friend gave me, with a 1/2" plate top. It had a few 3/8-16 holes in it, so I am adding more in a large grid so I can use a set of 3/8 hold-down clamps I have been sitting on. Spent this afternoon laying out part of them, drilling, and tapping.

20221209_164523.jpg

Also added a 1" hole today because I needed to end-drill some 1" diameter bolts for grease pathways. Cross-drilled on the drill press, and tapped the end for a zerk. Worked pretty well. Maybe not as accurate as on a lathe, but looked good to me, and it works. 5" oak block and the nut on the underside to hold it tight while I drilled.

20221209_165257.jpg

Back