Random pic thread.

You could science up some some sort of contraption to draw vacuum off of you, huffing, and puffing, while peddling that monstrosity around to create a sort of boosted brake cylinder
Fawk that. I'd science up a vacuum booster from the rotating pedal action.

Came to Iowa for some training and got to tour the manufacturing plant for the equipment we use. I used to work for this company as well. It’s kind of bittersweet because they just moved manufacturing for some equipment from NC to here. But the process is much more streamlined at this facility. From raw materials to ready-to-install equipment in one building. The laser with material rack was the coolest part.

EB3A58C5-2154-4C44-B70C-98910F852FD5.jpeg
F15F525D-1384-4543-A6C8-B7698F761B7E.jpeg
077CCEAD-1340-4655-8B03-994D25FC5661.jpeg

Came to Iowa for some training and got to tour the manufacturing plant for the equipment we use. I used to work for this company as well. It’s kind of bittersweet because they just moved manufacturing for some equipment from NC to here. But the process is much more streamlined at this facility. From raw materials to ready-to-install equipment in one building. The laser with material rack was the coolest part.

View attachment 399304View attachment 399305View attachment 399306
These are BA. Lights out manufacturing - Leave at night and let it make parts...Expensive but super efficient.

Me reading that sign:

Me.

takemymoney.jpg

It reads true. To me it is in the same line as birthday cakes. You offer what you offer to the customers who want it, or can safely consume it.

Me.

View attachment 399438

It reads true. To me it is in the same line as birthday cakes. You offer what you offer to the customers who want it, or can safely consume it.
Imagine if you told customers "I dont weld objects at random angles. I weld straight lines and 90 degrees only. Want a 45? learn to weld your damn self."

Any restaurant that says they wont modify their standard offerings prbably isnt focused on customers. Im not talking the extreme - but "we will not prepare your salad without onions"...some on. I could see saying "we wont slice your lettuce into 3mm strands...but refusing to leave out an ingredient someone doesnt like? Piss off

Imagine if you told customers "I dont weld objects at random angles. I weld straight lines and 90 degrees only. Want a 45? learn to weld your damn self."

Any restaurant that says they wont modify their standard offerings prbably isnt focused on customers. Im not talking the extreme - but "we will not prepare your salad without onions"...some on. I could see saying "we wont slice your lettuce into 3mm strands...but refusing to leave out an ingredient someone doesnt like? Piss off
Actually your analogy is damn near perfect. Cooking is a broad spectrum just like welding. I know many successful shops who don't touch stainless steel, pipe, or say vessels. I know exclusive shops who only do one of those. So why should a culinary expert in Cajun decide they need to adjust or substitute a dish they have worked years to perfect and pair they way they want it presented. It's like telling an artist who does water color you want work done in oil paints or clay.

Actually your analogy is damn near perfect. Cooking is a broad spectrum just like welding. I know many successful shops who don't touch stainless steel, pipe, or say vessels. I know exclusive shops who only do one of those. So why should a culinary expert in Cajun decide they need to adjust or substitute a dish they have worked years to perfect and pair they way they want it presented. It's like telling an artist who does water color you want work done in oil paints or clay.
No, they shouldn't, but people who don't want that exact thing will not patronize their business either. The meme restaurant certainly has the right to say no customizations, and I have no issue with their first statement regarding allergies, because that is wise, but the 2nd and 3rd statements clarify their mentality and show where their allegiances really lie, and that there is no focus on customer service and a (possibly inflated) sense of self importance. They are certainly welcome to be that way. But if I read a sign that essentially said "we're not your mother, hire your own chef or go somewhere else if you don't like EXACTLY what we serve", then I'd probably head on out simply because of the attitude.

In Amman, Jordan on the way to Bethlehem. My wife is Palestinian from Bethlehem inside the West Bank. Always a fun (and long) journey. We’ll cross the Jordan River just north of the Dead Sea tomorrow morning into Jericho and back up the mountain to Bethlehem. She hasn’t seen her family in 4 years.

1687535538491.png

1687535587361.jpeg

1687535667335.jpeg

No, they shouldn't, but people who don't want that exact thing will not patronize their business either. The meme restaurant certainly has the right to say no customizations, and I have no issue with their first statement regarding allergies, because that is wise, but the 2nd and 3rd statements clarify their mentality and show where their allegiances really lie, and that there is no focus on customer service and a (possibly inflated) sense of self importance. They are certainly welcome to be that way. But if I read a sign that essentially said "we're not your mother, hire your own chef or go somewhere else if you don't like EXACTLY what we serve", then I'd probably head on out simply because of the attitude.
I took it in a cheeky manner. More humour about the firm stance over we are self celebrated a-holes. I'm not overly cultured but very aware the practice being common in venues featuring "Chefs". You pay for the plate experience not the individual service all the way down to the drink choices.
And a random picture......in video

Back