Random pic thread.

2 new snake skins in the garage this morning that were not there yesterday.

AC2F0DA6-19F5-4E45-BD8D-CF22CF7ADC25.jpeg
263D1B65-303A-49BC-8494-B8D2E343431B.jpeg

One day he will discover hose clamps
A few OEM brands pretty much use a reverse engineered vs. already. Can't say I don't hate them over the neverending mushroom of the led style. Mash mash mash loose forever.

Some of the best people watching. 4th of July weekend travelers near Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, AL. The brisket sammy wasn’t bad either.
View attachment 399832
Mebane is getting a buckees….I can’t wait to see how that goes. Selfishly I wish it were Gastonia because that would have been epic - but Gastonia is improving with the charlotte sprawl

Mebane is getting a buckees….I can’t wait to see how that goes. Selfishly I wish it were Gastonia because that would have been epic - but Gastonia is improving with the charlotte sprawl

Yeah they had to go one county over to Alamance. It was originally supposed to be off the Efland exit but Orange County killed the deal.

Thought my wife made some kind of key lime something or other desert, considering that’s one of the creme brûlée dishes. So I tried a bite. I really should know better by now, that’s my daughters ‘invention’ of hand cleaning/moisturizing slime. It’s a mix of my body wash, toothpaste and aloe with whatever binding agent she uses for her slime.

IMG_4442.jpeg

Not a done deal yet. Still have to jump through hoops with the city government. Personally, I hope it happens. But I don’t live on that side of town & I would image there would be a large increase in the amount of traffic in that area.

Not a done deal yet. Still have to jump through hoops with the city government. Personally, I hope it happens. But I don’t live on that side of town & I would image there would be a large increase in the amount of traffic in that area.
Yup, but traffic in Mebane is already basically crazy!

The original bucees location in Efland is apparently already approved to be a new industrial park, so nothing was really preserved. Efland is about to get busy and crowded.

Taking the kids to go work out. They have no idea what they've got coming, ha ha ha! Hopefully they're still this happy when we get done putting out 4 tons of rip rap...
20230701_133436.jpg

Interesting….I assumed it was a done deal, the utility contractor purchased the backup gen and switchgear for the “buccees truck stop pump station “ a couple weeks back.

Taking the kids to go work out. They have no idea what they've got coming, ha ha ha! Hopefully they're still this happy when we get done putting out 4 tons of rip rap...
View attachment 399845
They held up better than I expected, and earned $20 and $5 respectively. Before we started, I gave the 8 year old the option of $8hr or $20 for the job. He wisely chose the $20 because he "didn't think he would be able to do it long enough to make more" at $8/hr.
20230701_135346.jpg
20230701_152834.jpg
20230701_150110.jpg

And of course we had a little fun when we were done. :D
20230701_152906.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like I've just been issues a new life challeneg
Torsion bolt EPA violation.png

Yup, but traffic in Mebane is already basically crazy!

The original bucees location in Efland is apparently already approved to be a new industrial park, so nothing was really preserved. Efland is about to get busy and crowded.
Hell yeah it is. I’m not going to argue with you about that. I avoid exit 154 (Mebane Oaks Road) like the plahue at morning & afternoon rush hour, lunchtime & weekend. I’ve got a few backroads to get me where I want to go. Takes a little longer but less traffic. I try to avoid that intersection at all costs on the weekend. The exit for the proposed location gets a ton of big rig traffic, which has messed up the asphalt on the roads, but it’s not a big commuter route.

Peckerwoods game tonight. We bailed out in the 7th inning just before a storm hit.

BTW, I hate what baseball (and other sports) has become....90% of the music and crap over the PA was way louder than the point where I put on hearing protection in the shop.

20230701_181229.jpg

Back