Random pic thread.

You could rent one of those tow behind lifts for that then.
Yes, I'll look into that. Height of yours would scare me to death! I Don't like Heights, as far as equipment like that & ladders go. When I worked at a Rental company, I had topped out a 60' 4 wheel drive lift. I Didn't, enjoy that, & That machine weighed 30 something Thousand pounds, for stability. :eek:

Yes, I'll look into that. Height of yours would scare me to death! I Don't like Heights, as far as equipment like that & ladders go. When I worked at a Rental company, I had topped out a 60' 4 wheel drive lift. I Didn't, enjoy that, & That machine weighed 30 something Thousand pounds, for stability. :eek:
So in other words, you don't want to hang out at the top of my 185' articulating boom lift? It only move 10' with a light breeze lol.

So in other words, you don't want to hang out at the top of my 185' articulating boom lift? It only move 10' with a light breeze lol.

I’ve been almost 400’ up in a crane basket. I’d take that 10 to 1 over 100’ in a boom lift.
IMG_2268.jpeg

Yea boom lifts are fun man. Especially working around glass.
I almost bucked myself out of one here one day driving it across a railroad crossing and my foot slipped off the pedal. :bounce2:

Several years ago a guy on our scaffold crew did get thrown out of one. They were using it to get scaffold material out of a building back to the ground. I’m sure they had it way overloaded. As he has going down the material shifted and most of it fell off the basket. The lift sprung back up and launched him out of the basket. He did have his harness on so it saved him. His ground man switched the controls over and got him down. He wasn’t too far off the ground when it happened, but I’m sure he still had to clean his shorts out afterwards.

I almost bucked myself out of one here one day driving it across a railroad crossing and my foot slipped off the pedal. :bounce2:

Several years ago a guy on our scaffold crew did get thrown out of one. They were using it to get scaffold material out of a building back to the ground. I’m sure they had it way overloaded. As he has going down the material shifted and most of it fell off the basket. The lift sprung back up and launched him out of the basket. He did have his harness on so it saved him. His ground man switched the controls over and got him down. He wasn’t too far off the ground when it happened, but I’m sure he still had to clean his shorts out afterwards.
Yea I've went on a couple wild rides. Mostly due a rock or hole I didn't see. Seen a guy dislocated both shoulders and shatter several ribs when dropped one wheel off in a hole. They'll F you up for sure.

Yea I've went on a couple wild rides. Mostly due a rock or hole I didn't see. Seen a guy dislocated both shoulders and shatter several ribs when dropped one wheel off in a hole. They'll F you up for sure.
There’s a YouTube video of a guy up in a lift and it comes crashing down. He was thrown out but was wearing his harness. It somehow didn’t crash all the way to the ground. It hung up and stopped with his feet perfectly touching the ground with harness at full extension. He just unhooked and walked away from the grim reaper. I’m sure he had a diaper change too. I’ll try and find it.

Edit: found it.

I've had a couple fun rides. First hydraulics went out(but slowly) dropped down to the 2nd or 3rd floor slab while running full up. Checked things out, got back on and rode it down.
The one that really sucked I had a track hoe hit my boom, hurt like hell and scared the shit outa me. Then dickhead rotated 90 degrees and did it again. By the time I got the machine down I went straight at him. Dude wouldn't come out of his machine and couple guys come to grab me. I woulda killed him if i coulda got to him.

Got the Yukon back going after I fried the starter. And proceeded to put it to work building fence. In the rain.

20240210_164129.jpg

20240210_165652.jpg

/\. Cheap sandblast cabinet for the win.

IMG_2287.jpeg
IMG_2290.jpeg
Just dealing with some shit at my parents house today.

View attachment 412191View attachment 412192Just dealing with some shit at my parents house today.
Took a minute figure out the strap. Lid to a
Riser on the tank? Concrete tee or plastic with screen?
Short tail, distribution block, and infiltrator panels.

I made molds for all this concrete stuff for almost tens years. I always wanted to help put a couple systems in for the experience.

Took a minute figure out the strap. Lid to a
Riser on the tank? Concrete tee or plastic with screen?
Short tail, distribution block, and infiltrator panels.

I made molds for all this concrete stuff for almost tens years. I always wanted to help put a couple systems in for the experience.
Lid to the tank.

I don’t exactly know what all that stuff means. It goes from a big tank to a large PVC pipe to a concrete box with 3 black corrugated pipes feeding 3 gravel leach lines. It’s a 45 year old system that has never once had a single problem or even been pumped. And now the county says 2 of the 3 leach lines have failed.

Lid to the tank.

I don’t exactly know what all that stuff means. It goes from a big tank to a large PVC pipe to a concrete box with 3 black corrugated pipes feeding 3 gravel leach lines. It’s a 45 year old system that has never once had a single problem or even been pumped. And now the county says 2 of the 3 leach lines have failed.
Tank with lid. Lid often has a riser made of concrete. A taller square box raises lid closer or at ground level. Beneath lid should be a (tee) concrete or PVC. PVC often had a screen filter. Clogs and get pitched instead of maintenance cleaning. Tees (entrance and exit) and baffle walls made into the tank became enforced standards many years ago in concrete tanks. All serve the purpose of dividing solids and liquids to separate parts through specific gravity and the waste break down cycle. The baffle in the middle further divides heavy solids and liquid into a two chamber system. (Note if a tank fails never let the pumper pump one chamber. He will be back in a shorter duration and a failed tank usually results on solids throughout with a short circuit flow of liquids to exit. Little to none of the digestion of solids. The good new is the leach field has basically been flushed by receiving clearer liquids for some time.) Tail line leads to smaller boxes used to distribute the effluent. It's just a fancy branch or y connection. However not installed correctly they too can fill with materials. Usually mud since at this point the tank out puts, baffle, and tees have controls the type of sediment coming in. Gravel beds and tile, plastic infiltrator panels ( plastic sheds over gravel beds, or the goofy peanut Styrofoam filled tampons move the fluids to a greater grid to allow ground contact to absorb materials. Leaching.
All leach fields can eventually self correct and heal given time and no mechanical failures causing short circuits. If land and space permits I am of a mind that all systems should have redundant drain fields with a ball valve for annual rotation.
God help those with poor soil, lift pumps, and females who flush tampons.....lol.

I did some parts trading recently and scored a Whipple super charger for my NPR truck. Yes I still have it and plan on making it a priority after I finish my brother’s CJ. This should wake the beast up a bit!

Attachments

• IMG_5033.jpeg
    IMG_5033.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5032.jpeg
    IMG_5032.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5031.jpeg
    IMG_5031.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 35
I did some parts trading recently and scored a Whipple super charger for my NPR truck. Yes I still have it and plan on making it a priority after I finish my brother’s CJ. This should wake the beast up a bit!
It would live on my nightstand or coffee table til install. It's to dang awesome to sit in a box!

Back