Random pic thread.

^Security system. Door lock doesn't work on that side.

Should have parked the front fender against the pole and it wouldn't have been stolen.

My day so far. (No, the wrecker isn't mine. It's the other one.)

aphotos.smugmug.com_Toys_2015_Winnebago_Brave_Miscellaneous_i_4K6V7WQ_0_L_20160509_110021_L.jpg

@marty79 -- you paying attention? That was a Ford warranty tow. w/o warranty and/or roadside assistance...that was a good $600 tow.

Last edited:
ai.imgur.com_9LPD9sJ.jpg

^^^ Not my arm, nothing to do with the tow... :D

My duct cleaning coworker, again. This guy cannot refrain from getting filthy.
View attachment 217585

Haha man I had a guy like that when I worked at AdvantaClean. Small short Hispanic guy, he didn't mind getting filthy and could fit in many small spaces. Sent that guy down a many of small ducts!

I'm assuming all the not so pronounced dangly parts is skin. What on earth would one have to do? o_O

Where I got it from said arm went into an industrial meat grinder.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
They grow the douche here in Louisianar too. Person in the back passenger had just climbed in after standing there smoking a cig while having an oxygen tank ran to their nose. Driver and front seat passenger were big enough the truck lifted a good 3-4 inches when they got out to waddle into the store.

We bought a new motorhome last fall. Winterized it right after we got it home, and just last week took our first trip. 2k miles on it total...most of that is delivery miles and demo miles. We have put maybe 450 miles on it ourselves. We made it home from the trip, but barely. Just outside of town, it started squalling...bad wheel bearing on the front left. Got it back to the house. Jacked up, and rocking at 6 and 12, it has about 3/8" play. Grrrrrrr.

Unfortunately, I knew this was a possible problem going in to the purchase. The m/h is a 2015, but the chassis was built in 2014 (ford builds rolling chassis, then they are shipped to RV manufacturer for building the unit). Seems a good number of the 2014 Ford F53 chassis have had wheel bearings go out at around 2k to 2500 miles.

Why?

Best reason I have read is that in early 2014, Ford announced they were moving the F53 (m/h chassis) production from Detroit to another plant (maybe ohio?). Disgruntled union guys would crank the wheel bearings tighter than spec, on the ones they could get away with it on. (Ford's story is that is was a malfunctioning assembly robot).

I guess mine is one that they got away with.

Didn't do anything about it for a few days, since it was safe in the driveway, and had stuff going on taking care of my mom. Finally called Ford roadside assistance on Friday, since it has to be towed (nearest Ford dealer that services motorhome chassis is 35 miles away). That series of phone calls was a remarkably and surprisingly good experience. They have a dedicated m/h service phone center.

Called in, techs were busy, but call taker (American, and spoke english) got all my info, and said a tech would call within the hour. Got that call maybe 15 minutes later. Another english-speaking American. Told him it had a bad wheel bearing, that I had jacked it up and it had play...that was enough diagnosis for him. He told me he'd make calls and find closest Ford service center that could handle it, then set up tow. Called back about ten minutes later, had arranged service, but dealer said he could not touch it until Tuesday, as the shop was full up. Tech said he could have a tow here in an hour to pick it up, or if I'd rather, since it is safe in the driveway, he would have a wrecker pick it up on Monday. I opted for Monday. Left it that he was to call me by 9 on Monday a.m. to schedule the pickup. Yeah, right, I thought.... I'll hold my breath and wait on that.

But....phone rang at 8:22 this morning, it was Ford, they had the tow lined up, and he'd be there around 1045, if that was OK with me. 9:35 the driver called to say he was headed out (1 hour drive) and at 10:38 he called to say he was pulling in my place. Very impressed so far.

Hooked up, dropped driveshaft, did everything by the book. Towed it, I followed. Got it there in 100% perfect condition. Yes, he got a darn good tip from me. BTW, it was Wayne Lee towing out of Dunn, NC. Driver was Randy.

BTW, it's at Crown Ford in F'nam.

First World problems.

That's pretty awesome service. Rare these days from such a large company.

We bought a new motorhome last fall. Winterized it right after we got it home, and just last week took our first trip. 2k miles on it total...most of that is delivery miles and demo miles. We have put maybe 450 miles on it ourselves. We made it home from the trip, but barely. Just outside of town, it started squalling...bad wheel bearing on the front left. Got it back to the house. Jacked up, and rocking at 6 and 12, it has about 3/8" play. Grrrrrrr.

Unfortunately, I knew this was a possible problem going in to the purchase. The m/h is a 2015, but the chassis was built in 2014 (ford builds rolling chassis, then they are shipped to RV manufacturer for building the unit). Seems a good number of the 2014 Ford F53 chassis have had wheel bearings go out at around 2k to 2500 miles.

Why?

Best reason I have read is that in early 2014, Ford announced they were moving the F53 (m/h chassis) production from Detroit to another plant (maybe ohio?). Disgruntled union guys would crank the wheel bearings tighter than spec, on the ones they could get away with it on. (Ford's story is that is was a malfunctioning assembly robot).

I guess mine is one that they got away with.

Didn't do anything about it for a few days, since it was safe in the driveway, and had stuff going on taking care of my mom. Finally called Ford roadside assistance on Friday, since it has to be towed (nearest Ford dealer that services motorhome chassis is 35 miles away). That series of phone calls was a remarkably and surprisingly good experience. They have a dedicated m/h service phone center.

Called in, techs were busy, but call taker (American, and spoke english) got all my info, and said a tech would call within the hour. Got that call maybe 15 minutes later. Another english-speaking American. Told him it had a bad wheel bearing, that I had jacked it up and it had play...that was enough diagnosis for him. He told me he'd make calls and find closest Ford service center that could handle it, then set up tow. Called back about ten minutes later, had arranged service, but dealer said he could not touch it until Tuesday, as the shop was full up. Tech said he could have a tow here in an hour to pick it up, or if I'd rather, since it is safe in the driveway, he would have a wrecker pick it up on Monday. I opted for Monday. Left it that he was to call me by 9 on Monday a.m. to schedule the pickup. Yeah, right, I thought.... I'll hold my breath and wait on that.

But....phone rang at 8:22 this morning, it was Ford, they had the tow lined up, and he'd be there around 1045, if that was OK with me. 9:35 the driver called to say he was headed out (1 hour drive) and at 10:38 he called to say he was pulling in my place. Very impressed so far.

Hooked up, dropped driveshaft, did everything by the book. Towed it, I followed. Got it there in 100% perfect condition. Yes, he got a darn good tip from me. BTW, it was Wayne Lee towing out of Dunn, NC. Driver was Randy.

BTW, it's at Crown Ford in F'nam.

First World problems.

I recognized the truck. That is the newest one in their fleet IIRC. They are great guys to deal with.

What's baffling me, is that a model A/T rear end and springs?

Back