Random pic thread.

Sucks you can't trust the mechanic shop. The wife took her car up to the shop for an inspection, oil change and rotate and balance. They told her that her brakes were shot and needed to be replace "yesterday".

She called and told me. I said bring it home and I'll grab the parts on the way home.

I pull the front brake pads and they are about 1/2 worn.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160613_667fb519595706b895ac0d36b71fbe66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucks you can't trust the mechanic shop. The wife took her car up to the shop for an inspection, oil change and rotate and balance. They told her that her brakes were shot and needed to be replace "yesterday".

She called and told me. I said bring it home and I'll grab the parts on the way home.

View attachment 220702

Scare the wimmenz, they buy shit where they're scared !

View attachment 220702

Nice to see you are careful about footwear when doing car work

View attachment 220702

String those bastards up. Asshats like that make it hard for honest mechanics to make a buck. Make a facebook post with that picture. Mention the shop in the post. Hell, post it to their facebook page. You know they have one! Make sure they know what you're doing. If you can get the name of the slack ass who actually told her that and make sure he's mentioned in the post. People like this need to be dealt with.

Nice to see you are careful about footwear when doing car work
The man has a tile floor in his garage. I believe he can do WTF he wants.
auploads-tapatalk_cdn-com_20160613_667fb519595706b895ac0d36b71fbe66-jpg.220702

View attachment 220702

This is why I started doing all the maintenance on my trucks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

View attachment 220702

Same thing happened to me years ago at the Toyota dealership in Lugoff, SC. My wife's 4runner had an electrical short that killed the alternator and left us stranded in Camden. We had it towed to the dealer and left it there. They called me a couple days later to say it was fixed but the brakes were in dire need of replacement and it was unsafe to drive home. I told them I'd take my chances, picked it up, bought pads on the way home. It had over half the pads left too. We traded it several years later and it still didn't need pads. In fact, I may still have them sitting on the shelf.

They also replaced the brand new gator back serpentine belt I had installed a few weeks before...

Same thing happened to me years ago at the Toyota dealership in Lugoff, SC. My wife's 4runner had an electrical short that killed the alternator and left us stranded in Camden. We had it towed to the dealer and left it there. They called me a couple days later to say it was fixed but the brakes were in dire need of replacement and it was unsafe to drive home. I told them I'd take my chances, picked it up, bought pads on the way home. It had over half the pads left too. We traded it several years later and it still didn't need pads. In fact, I may still have them sitting on the shelf.

They also replaced the brand new gator back serpentine belt I had installed a few weeks before...
Instead crooks like that which make it hard for me to earn a living as a dealership employee.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Hanging out with parker millsap at the biscuits and jam festival
IMG_20160611_215039.jpg
20160611_200136.jpg

Pickin band? Oh hell yeah! Reminds me of the time I partied with DM3 down in IOP. Great times.

Incredibly talented 21 year old from oklahoma. I have two of his records in my collection. He is one hell of a live performance.

atwistedsifter.files.wordpress.com_2016_06_june_buggin_14.jpg

Something that I didn't realize was a problem. Was on the bathroom mirror of the hotel in Guam.
View attachment 220823
Ha.

See the "shared toilet shower" thread.
In some countries it's normal for showers to be out in the open, in what we would consider weird places.

Saw this on the way back from the SHOP Saturday.

ascontent_iad3_1.xx.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0_9_13417647_102100357842359aa0f7e1ef51bf7f184314cea53b7eef.jpg

Back