Random pic thread.

175e0b09b515c3d8dec81f02dbf4ec26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its ok. its a dodge...

One of the wood storage buildings at work
abcafc08974ab8ff2cab23f724166f58.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I remember when I was a kid up north (40 years or more ago) there was a local furniture store in town that my folks used to like to go to. There were a ton of those carts at that place to move the furniture. Wow, that was a long time ago.

I remember when I was a kid up north (40 years or more ago) there was a local furniture store in town that my folks used to like to go to. There were a ton of those carts at that place to move the furniture. Wow, that was a long time ago.
They have two 53' box trailers full of them too those are the worst shape ones that we use to move stuff around with

What exactly does your place of employment do?
Custom high end houses, smaller scale commercial construction. Most of these was bought up when we were developing Balsam mountain preserve. All of the homes there have to be rustic modern homes so we keep a heavy stock of old log cabins and barn wood. Probably most of the logs will end up as benches vanities and mantels

We also have an open air storage for larger stuff and stuff that's not in that good of shape, but this building holds the best of what they get (besides those carts)

They have two 53' box trailers full of them too those are the worst shape ones that we use to move stuff around with

If they are wanting to get rid of those carts, nows the time to be doing something with them. I feel like the $$ in them wont last long.

If they are wanting to get rid of those carts, nows the time to be doing something with them. I feel like the $$ in them wont last long.
if they cared about making money on them or any of the other stuff we have pilled up i would have it already sold. but they are hoarders and dont want to sell anything in case they may need it. we have a half building full of old leaded windows and doors, a dozen or so claw foot tubs that are in good enough shape to refinish but they dont want to try and sell anything.

Lake trip with friends and the aftermath. They got to see me in an epic battle between two real warlocks, Darren and I (stranger to all of us until now), our past experiences with the infernal powers and the unquestionable power of all that's holy. Very enlightening experience that changed everyone's life.

*Side note, may the most powerful Warlock win. And I did. Everyone is home safe. Again.

IMG_20170603_194201486_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170603_192152410.jpg

Speaking of Wood/Timber; JeepnMatt & me finally got together today on dropping a dead Oak! Matt had a friend come & top the tree, & that is what's on the ground before Matt dropped the trunk. I'm Not in decent physical shape, but was going to try to keep up with the limbs. I thought a friend was coming to help Me, as I cut & he would drag the limbs off. MY Guy never showed up! Matt's guy basically topped the tree & cut 3 other limbs off another oak, over hanging my garage. Then He left. I'm Past wore out & Hurting, & expect Matt is too. Bad news, we didn't finish, + the neighbor has already paid us to take a slightly smaller tree down! Maybe a Cooler day, Next week! :beer:

Attachments

• IMG_20170603_104024579.jpg
    IMG_20170603_104024579.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20170603_104536780[1].jpg
    IMG_20170603_104536780[1].jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20170603_104540835[1].jpg
    IMG_20170603_104540835[1].jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 216
Get in line I hit him up about em a couple of months ago.:D
tinderbox is the term you're looking for.
@ $150/$200 per its more like money in the bank.

Speaking of Wood/Timber; JeepnMatt & me finally got together today on dropping a dead Oak! Matt had a friend come & top the tree, & that is what's on the ground before Matt dropped the trunk. I'm Not in decent physical shape, but was going to try to keep up with the limbs. I thought a friend was coming to help Me, as I cut & he would drag the limbs off. MY Guy never showed up! Matt's guy basically topped the tree & cut 3 other limbs off another oak, over hanging my garage. Then He left. I'm Past wore out & Hurting, & expect Matt is too. Bad news, we didn't finish, + the neighbor has already paid us to take a slightly smaller tree down! Maybe a Cooler day, Next week! :beer:
Yeah, I'm beat. Took a dump trailer load home just from the good sized wood on the limbs, then cut the trunk into 3 12ft sections and threw em on the trailer by hand.
20170603_094035.jpg

20170603_181754.jpg

As in, I used my hands to operate the skidsteer and load them :D
20170603_162107.jpg

Speaking of wood. I helped my dad move a bunch of old lumber him and my grandpaw had accumulated over the years.
14b55d81b2f6e53659db806579eae611.jpg
ceb5cc7ea46f5bbdecf85162654cd7c7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If any of y'all ever need a big saw (24" blade, 57 cc & all torque, HP don't count, skip tooth chain, 24" oak log in 30-45s) PM me and pick two of them up, i'll make sure they run before you leave.. file sharpened chains.. have plenty other smaller torquey saws as well. nice job loading those logs, I would have used the skid steer to load them with a strap, because I'm smart and lazy.

I would have used the skid steer to load them with a strap, because I'm smart and lazy.
That sounds like extra work. I had already cut a couple into firewood length so I loaded them on the truck as shown, then I just grabbed the trunks with the 4 in 1 bucket. No strap required :D

Back