Random pic thread.

$200 security deposit, huh?

I used to be a resident manager of an apartment complex just outside of Michigan State University campus. We collected first month's rent and a $200 security deposit until one of the tenants figured out that there was hardwood floors underneath the carpeting. Without anyone knowing (I don't know HOW they managed this), they ripped up the carpet, sanded the hardwood sealer off to bare wood, painted the floor with an oil based GLOSS BLACK. Even after sanding, we never got the oil based paint out of the hardwood floors. Needless to say, they didn't get their security deposit back. Their dad (who paid the security deposit) was pissed, until we let his see pictures of the damage his spawn did. He left once he realized he was lucky we didn't sue for damages in excess.

Getting there, but man has it been hot. I have dropped about 10lbs redoing this deck.
GOPR2235.JPG

Getting there, but man has it been hot. I have dropped about 10lbs redoing this deck.
View attachment 270705

Rebuilding a deck sounds like a fall, winter, or spring project to me! I prefer to only take on indoor projects during the summer.

Rebuilding a deck sounds like a fall, winter, or spring project to me! I prefer to only take on indoor projects during the summer.
Yeah I agree. It was supposed to be a spring project but I got a late start. Also need to get it done incase our house goes on the market this summer.

"Shall not be infringed"

The day of closing my wife and took the pups for a walk. Met the nearest neighbor (about 1/4 mile away through pretty heavily wooded area) who was standing outside his garage.
I immediately noticed:
His lifetime NRA member decal on his toolbox
His retired USMC flag in his garage
His reloading bench
His Trump 2016 banner.

We get along just fine. He hosts monthly shooting get togethers at his house for the neighborhood.

Glad you guys got moved in.
Thanks buddy. We were just outside taking note of the lack of barking dogs and screaming kids. All you can hear up here is the breeze rustling the leaves.
Countertops and sinks go in this week and construction will be done!

@Jody Treadway I love that gun cabinet you listed and I wish we were closer to moving back to nc cause I would take it in a heartbeat. We had one almost identical, as I remember it, at my grandpas house when I was a kid. I knew a good afternoon was in store when he would grab the little .22 out and hand it off so we could go reduce the rabbit population on the farm.

On my way to Uwharrie this morn, for SFWDA Meet & Greet, I spotted this Classic, in Richfield, NC. Guys were on the way to the Annual Fire Truck show, at Spencer Train Museum. Also, they had just lost a member of their Fire Dept., & had the Black Banner draping the 1959 Beauty.

Attachments

• IMG_20180623_074119010[1].jpg
    IMG_20180623_074119010[1].jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20180623_074307277[1].jpg
    IMG_20180623_074307277[1].jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20180623_074321039.jpg
    IMG_20180623_074321039.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 136
First supper in the new house! Jasper's exhausted from all his "hard" work today
View attachment 270767

You've done much better than us. We've been in the house since Monday, and still doing take-out and eating out. Just brought kitchen stuff over from old place today.

We're still living out of boxes, too, because I haven't put up the closet shelves and rods yet. :(

Got a new toy...
IMG_20180622_112328.jpg

MS261, MS361, 046 Magnum (MS460)

Pretty easy to tell which one I use the most.
IMG_20180622_112341.jpg

I hired out some slave labor to prep the MS361 for sale.
IMG_20180622_180213.jpg

Back