Random pic thread.

You've done much better than us. We've been in the house since Monday, and still doing take-out and eating out. Just brought kitchen stuff over from old place today.

We're still living out of boxes, too, because I haven't put up the closet shelves and rods yet. :(

Same here. Boxes everywhere and supper was a take out sammich and sushi from the nearest grocery store. Countertops and sinks are scheduled for this Wednesday then we can put away the kitchen goodies and have a little normalcy

You'll like that Gen 2 , ms261...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I hope so. I wanted the Mtronic version, but all Rural King had was a "used" carb version that look brand new and didn't even have dust or chips on the chain cover. 10% off made me bring it home :D Combined with a $100 rebate/gift card, it was about $400, which I should be able to get about that for the MS361. If the darn kid cleans it up good of course. :lol:

I hope so. I wanted the Mtronic version, but all Rural King had was a "used" carb version that look brand new and didn't even have dust or chips on the chain cover. 10% off made me bring it home :D Combined with a $100 rebate/gift card, it was about $400, which I should be able to get about that for the MS361. If the darn kid cleans it up good of course. [emoji38]
I've got a Gen 1 ms261...it's a solid reliable saw

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

With all that Stihl experience, maybe you can get my 240 running. It's nearly New, but has given me a couple problems. Then when I thought all was good, it just quite. I put it up & said to hell with it!
I'm sure I can. Did you put non-ethanol gas in it?

I'm sure I can. Did you put non-ethanol gas in it?
Don't think so. It quite when it was brand new, so I took it back to Mt.Holly Farm Supply. A kill switch wire had fallen off, which they said was common. They secured it. Second time it quite, they came up with "You got Old gas in it & Wrong octane". They got it cranked, but claimed I had ruined it, & it had Low compression. Tried to sell me Another new one! Brought it back home, added Fresh Premium gas & a dose of mechanic-in-a-bottle! Run Fine & used it several times! The last time I had it out, it ran about 20 minutes, & then acted like it ran out of gas, which was not the problem. I was all but done cutting, so I just put it away. Can't recall if I checked the filter or anything.. Previously, I had a small Homelite, that I had abused, mis-used, put any type gas & oil in it, & got Two lifetimes out of it for 10 years! When I bought the Stihl, I gave the Homelite to a Needy person. He might Still be running it!:lol:

Was at "Denny's" a week back & had an Interesting Syrup bottle! Pretty darn neat, as it Doesn't drip, & pouring is very controlled. I did wonder about it not having a lid, but it must pass the health inspection. Can't explain the dynamics of it like Shawn could, but just know it has a tiny tube going inside the bottle, from an air hole. That controls the flow, & as soon as you turn the bottle upright, nothing drips or runs down the outside. Neat!

Attachments

• IMG_20180617_141407614[1].jpg
    IMG_20180617_141407614[1].jpg
    75 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20180617_141421218[1].jpg
    IMG_20180617_141421218[1].jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 195
Was at "Denny's" a week back & had an Interesting Syrup bottle! Pretty darn neat, as it Doesn't drip, & pouring is very controlled. I did wonder about it not having a lid, but it must pass the health inspection. Can't explain the dynamics of it like Shawn could, but just know it has a tiny tube going inside the bottle, from an air hole. That controls the flow, & as soon as you turn the bottle upright, nothing drips or runs down the outside. Neat!

It just vents the bottle through the vent tube instead of the spout, so the spout drains and doesn't hold fluid and bubble over like it would if it vented through the spout.. That same bottle design is used for things like olive oil a lot. Also makes it pour faster than without a vent.

Last edited:
So...I run to the supply house to get a couple of sticks of 2" PVC conduit at lunch today. I opened the back slider window of my truck, the front slider on the shell, and ran it thru.

On the way home, a man-child came out in front of me on his bike, and I had to lock it down. Conduit slid forward....

Now I know why I saved the OEM unit when I put this in 12 years ago.

aa00939cfa616fac720a0c899e44cb61.jpg

Last edited:
So...I run to the supply house to get a couple of sticks of 2" PVC conduit at lunch today. I opened the back slider window of my truck, the front slider on the shell, and ran it thru.

On the way home, a man-child came out in front of me on his bike, and I had to lock it down. Conduit slid forward....

Now I know why I saved the OEM unit when I put this in 12 years ago.

aa00939cfa616fac720a0c899e44cb61.jpg
Not sure what truck, but I sold my 2008 Ford OEM CD/MP3 head unit for about $150 on eBay, which would be enough to buy a decent replacement if you wanted to keep the screen and Bluetooth capabilities:
Blaupunkt San Jose 120
Pioneer MVH-200EX

It's a 2006 F250 CC. Not too worried about it, by this fall I plan to trade it in. Stock vs. aftermarket unit really won't make a $ difference in trade.

Back