Random pic thread.

Front driveshaft again?

Yup. I’m gonna do some measuring and maybe some tweaking on front pinion angle. I’ll probably have a new driveshaft built and have this one repaired for an on board spare.

If I did crappy gear installs that driveshaft would have lasted you longer

:D

I can handle driveshaft repairs. I ain’t equipped to setup ring and pinions. Definitely the lesser of two evils.

I see your big excavator and raise you a 100 ton overhead crane girder sitting on the truck as it left our shop.

FYI - Girder is just under 10' tall, 3' wide & 160' long. Truck over all 198' bumper to bumper
f7f536876bd92142bbb366fcd0605316.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You gonna do a square 2 piece front driveshaft?

I’ve got “special” problems I created for myself with my build. Not enough room for a 2 piece and a steep angle. I’ll consult Carolina Driveline about rotating my pinion up a few degrees and what that might do vibration wise. I’m already running Tom Woods offset Super joints because of the angle. That’s vibration on it’s on without screwing up my pinion angles.

Plan B is to stop dumping $$$ in the same old pit, pull my truck off the trails, fully commit to my tons sitting in the garage, and start selling off parts.

Could you add a crawl box to gain front driveshaft length?
I'm in the same boat with mine. Ended up with a hogged out 1410 from @Oliver's for the fix.

Talked things over with the family and a few trusted advisors. I’m 99.9% sure I’ll start tearing the truck down pretty soon. Just gonna rip off the bandaids and fully commit to my tons and an LS. Rough estimate... I’ll be riding passenger for about 2 years. On the bright side, selling off a few key parts will get my tons in your shop sooner rather than later.

I see your big excavator and raise you a 100 ton overhead crane girder sitting on the truck as it left our shop.

FYI - Girder is just under 10' tall, 3' wide & 160' long. Truck over all 198' bumper to bumper
f7f536876bd92142bbb366fcd0605316.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You build these?? That’s a lot of metal I like it!

My super bad *ss trail runner wife just finished her 2nd ultra marathon. 33.3 miles in DuPont at the Hullabaloo Festival today.
Pretty proud husband right about now!
View attachment 280009
Trail running is so much more challenging and unforgiving! I ran 5-7 mile uphill trails for 9months in 04 when considering military, 33 miles is not a joke! Congrats that’s very impressive

My super bad *ss trail runner wife just finished her 2nd ultra marathon. 33.3 miles in DuPont at the Hullabaloo Festival today.
View attachment 280009
I used to be a runner. That’s pretty impressive. Marathons ain’t no joke. Let alone ultras. Thumbs up to the boss lady.

I used to work with a guy who did some crazy 100 mile ultra in Colorado every year. I can’t breathe walking around out there. Much less run. It took days to finish.

View attachment 280009

I get tired DRIVING 33.3 miles. Ain't no WAY I'm running it.

Congrats to her, though. That is a VERY impressive accomplishment!

I probably should get in better shape. (dusting apple pie crumbs off of sleeve)

Back