Random pic thread.

Swapping a 8.25 -> yj.... Does it look about right?
IMG_20181117_035744982.jpg

Someone smarter than me can get into the science of it, but I always felt like the leaf spring wants to move in more of a straight line up and down when flexing and the track bar makes it move in an arch. Seems to fight each other.

Someone smarter than me can get into the science of it, but I always felt like the leaf spring wants to move in more of a straight line up and down when flexing and the track bar makes it move in an arch. Seems to fight each other.
You are correct. The 2 systems technically fight each other. There is enough play in the bushing that it doesn't lock up but you are trying to move against 2 separate planes. For road use it really doesn't matter and the track bar will help with sloppy leaf bushings.

How times -- and vocabularies -- change. Found this in a bunch of old cookbooks ...it's a bartenders guide....

6c0bde490877fcfef666fa1bb68fde35.jpg
97effa9194b12601999b4883472b6074.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wasn't sure if this should go here or the hottie thread:

large.jpg

That looks an awful lot like my Ganesh mill Fagor controls?
Siemens control. It's for some of this new work we have coming into the shop. Not sure what exactly we're going to use it for but they just put it in my area yesterday and I started daydreaming of all the government work I could do with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I see your big excavator and raise you a 100 ton overhead crane girder sitting on the truck as it left our shop.

FYI - Girder is just under 10' tall, 3' wide & 160' long. Truck over all 198' bumper to bumper
f7f536876bd92142bbb366fcd0605316.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I see my scrotum truss has arrived.....

Back