Random pic thread.

Time for a haircut
20190118_125902_HDR.jpg

Seen a few on their side, & a couple on the roof. Never seen one fly apart like that!
Yea, same here. We discussed this at class today. Appears as though it split at the seam.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Damn. That hurts my heart to look at. Injuries? Fatalities?

Don't know. Was sent by an old co-worker.

Seen a few on their side, & a couple on the roof. Never seen one fly apart like that!

Definately rolled over completely. I've fixed a lot of flops, usually a full roll is totalled reguardless.

Yea, same here. We discussed this at class today. Appears as though it split at the seam.

Which seam? I know a lot about the construction techniques. This one never had a chance. It occurred in my mind at a very high rate of speed. Complete loss of control. I fixed a unit that struck a very large oak tree stopped dead in the water. I have fixed units slid down on banks flopped. Fixed one hit at 60 mph by a half ton pick up sitting on scene. Pulled fence post out of the cab of another covered in blood. The list goes on.
When they do this a steer tire went off, over correction occurs, and finished by a water shift and broad side roll.

This operator was flying. Period.

Thing I dont understand why dont they make the cabs reinforced. Since so many things can cause you to wreck in a fire engine. I've heard the company cabs (4 door) like that one are more dangerous than the single bench version (2 door). I dont know that for a fact but that's what I've heard.

Many new engines have a antirollover technology in them. Like it cuts power to the engine if it thinks you are going to fast into a turn. The system in our new 4wd engine was not designed for use in the mountains. The truck tries to kill you on a few roads because it doesnt understand banking or the fact the turn is graded upward.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Don't know. Was sent by an old co-worker.

Definately rolled over completely. I've fixed a lot of flops, usually a full roll is totalled reguardless.

Which seam? I know a lot about the construction techniques. This one never had a chance. It occurred in my mind at a very high rate of speed. Complete loss of control. I fixed a unit that struck a very large oak tree stopped dead in the water. I have fixed units slid down on banks flopped. Fixed one hit at 60 mph by a half ton pick up sitting on scene. Pulled fence post out of the cab of another covered in blood. The list goes on.
When they do this a steer tire went off, over correction occurs, and finished by a water shift and broad side roll.

This operator was flying. Period.

Two GA Firefighters Hurt, Fire Truck Totaled in Rollover

Thing I dont understand why dont they make the cabs reinforced. Since so many things can cause you to wreck in a fire engine. I've heard the company cabs (4 door) like that one are more dangerous than the single bench version (2 door). I dont know that for a fact but that's what I've heard.

Many new engines have a antirollover technology in them. Like it cuts power to the engine if it thinks you are going to fast into a turn. The system in our new 4wd engine was not designed for use in the mountains. The truck tries to kill you on a few roads because it doesnt understand banking or the fact the turn is graded upward.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I had to get used to all the added air bag features they kept inserting into those cabs...I will definitely say the manufacturers do not do things the same across the board....the old ALF trucks where 3/16 aluminum, and 6061 extrusions with a lot of Huck bolt construction. Though modular in ways they where proverbial tanks.
The trends I saw most before leaving that career was weight savings and the use of glues and epoxies. A lot less girth was being replaced by laminated layers and a lot more modular design......they all seemed to distribute damage better but required a lot more repair. Impacts previously isolated to a door area now encompassed the dog box and even rear substructures.

Last edited:
Getting set up for my PRK surgery on Feb 1st. $190 later... might be a few pills involved.
3924C8B1-540A-4C22-B806-0A015AA9936A.jpeg

I guess if your JK uses or loses a lot of coolant, you just leave it on the front bumper?
IMG_20190118_165207.jpg

Back