Random pic thread.

Perks of your MIL working for a distributor

9CB1ECC7-CEFE-4281-9004-56039AD3059C.jpeg

IMG_20190521_184333111s.jpg

Yeah that sucks. And it's swaged into the detent piece that's in the sensor.. and the piece in my hand is from the trans already installed. Went to hook up the cable and it spun freely, gently lifted it, & it came out. Yep, I'm thrilled. Oh this will be the 3rd time pulling and installing it.. first one no forward gears. Now this. Yay. At least I didn't fill it with fluid I guess.

Last edited:
Matt always has quicker timing and better ideas o_O I just need to watch the forum closer :D
I was at work. You can snipe me on my off days.

I'm not sure I want to try to disassemble the junkyard one to put the lever in and reassemble it... It's pretty damn complex. And surprisingly, the input shaft from the converter drives a pair of chains to the clutch stack up!! Chain must be moving pretty fast and it approaches red line!! 4T65E for reference if anyone interested..

IMG_20190521_221755814s.jpg

I was considering grinding the swage off, drilling and tapping it for a bolt, which would allow me to install it without taking the whole trans apart.. but I'm not certain that it will work out that way.. probably just be best to see if they have another unit.

IMG_20190521_222405914s.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks only for white squirrels.

Having seen both a white squirrel and one that was black as coal (Canada) I can say they are all equally decisionally challenged (meaning they pepper the road with equal indecisiveness)

Haven't seen a red/brown one in person yet though. They may be smarter

Having seen both a white squirrel and one that was black as coal (Canada) I can say they are all equally decisionally challenged (meaning they pepper the road with equal indecisiveness)

Haven't seen a red/brown one in person yet though. They may be smarter
The white squirrels of brevard are not albino like alot of people think they are actually leucistic which is a genetic trait verses a mutation. A very cool different species is fox squirrels because of their genetics they come in all different kind of colors. They are mainly found towards the coast.
04e1826d5ff8c627f05ecfcc795c9b63.jpg
1a631fd0ab784a79aa881e748f8f2cd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I want to try to disassemble the junkyard one to put the lever in and reassemble it... It's pretty damn complex. And surprisingly, the input shaft from the converter drives a pair of chains to the clutch stack up!! Chain must be moving pretty fast and it approaches red line!! 4T65E for reference if anyone interested..

View attachment 293888

I was considering grinding the swage off, drilling and tapping it for a bolt, which would allow me to install it without taking the whole trans apart.. but I'm not certain that it will work out that way.. probably just be best to see if they have another unit.

View attachment 293889

Is it part of this assembly that's broken? I had to do a quick search trying to figure out what that thing actually is out of curiosity (I love to learn about new stuff).

4T65E transmission manual lever position switch 4T65E MLP 24236104

Is that transmission actually a chain drive unit? Never knew that.

View attachment 293908
View attachment 293909
SC water lillies near downtown Columbia.
For those that have never seen these, you need to check out landsford canal. It is one of the most beautiful things you will see. Kayaking down a flat, quiet river and coming up on about a half mile shoal completely full of these awesome flowers growing right out of the water. Of all the things the palmetto state has to offer, this is the most beautiful.

For those that have never seen these, you need to check out landsford canal. It is one of the most beautiful things you will see. Kayaking down a flat, quiet river and coming up on about a half mile shoal completely full of these awesome flowers growing right out of the water. Of all the things the palmetto state has to offer, this is the most beautiful.

I've actually heard from several naturalist that the water lilies for this year are more a rarity
than they have been in years prior due to all the flooding. So this was a special treat for us, for sure.
X1000 on Langsford canal! For anyone interested in kayaking this is a must-see! Let me know if anyone wants to go. I'm always down.

I've actually heard from several naturalist that the water lilies for this year are more a rarity
than they have been in years prior due to all the flooding. So this was a special treat for us, for sure.
X1000 on Langsford canal! For anyone interested in kayaking this is a must-see! Let me know if anyone wants to go. I'm always down.
Its only about 5 min from my house. There are nice trails there too if you dont want to get wet but its more impressive from the water

Furthermore, if any members here want to link up with me and a small group and run the Saluda and Broad that merges into the Congaree, it's a mega trip that usually takes about 8 hours and includes a series of rapids, deepwater rope swings, islands, large groups of college chicks, water lillies and damn good times, hit me up. It's very easy to arrange pick-up and drop-off points as it's literally minutes away from where most of us live in Colombia. Where we drop off is right there at riverbanks zoo and/or Canal state park and pick up in Cayce.

@XJsavage, any good places to paddle board for a couple hours around Columbia? May bring mine to get out of the house next time we’re visiting the mother in law.
Yeah totally. The same route we do in kayaks can be done on paddle board, inflatable rafts, inner tubes, or whatever you want. It's all downstream. The Broad River will be a lot warmer year-round in the Saluda will. the temperature of the Saluda at its warmest point is around 60.

Is it part of this assembly that's broken? I had to do a quick search trying to figure out what that thing actually is out of curiosity (I love to learn about new stuff).

4T65E transmission manual lever position switch 4T65E MLP 24236104

Is that transmission actually a chain drive unit? Never knew that.
the junkyard broke the shaft where it is grooved for a retention pin. yes it's chain driven. 6t series use a chain, but on the output side instead of the input, which makes more sense to me.

Back