Random pic thread.

Interested in details on what you decided on and cost/ decision factors etc.
I decided on a red iron I beam building. I got it from General Steel. There were a lot of companies to choose from but General Steel seemed to have the best reputation of them all. The steel tariffs that hit in the middle of the summer effected my bottom line. It has cost way more than I thought. I think if you could find a general contractor to stick build you the same shop that you could trust it would be the cheaper route. The only good thing about a steel building like mine is that it goes together pretty quick.

Hope you kept it real and ate the pizza cold.
It was still cold, but I did stick it in the toaster oven for about a minute to soften the cheese ;)

Tomorrow I race 40 miles in Pisgah on my bike
Super excited about it!
IMG_20191102_180938004.jpg

New shop was delivered yesterday minus the two 12x12 doors and insulation. That is coming from a different vendor.
View attachment 305689
This reminds me of one of the beginning of another one of PJ Mallory's buggy build threads

The floor of my skidsteer had some serious cancer. It's not a rusty machine, but the previous owner did concrete work, and I think they spilled muriatic acid or something in the floor.
IMG_20191031_231834.jpg

This part used to be the hump in the middle.
IMG_20191101_125532.jpg

Beyond the obvious fact that it looks like shat, its also where your feet go when you step in and out, and where my kiddo stands when he rides with me.

So heres a before from the same angle as the others:
IMG_20191031_231829.jpg

Took some measurements, and got some 10 gauge plate bent up.
IMG_20191101_125454.jpg

If anyone near Gaston County needs some platework, I highly recommend the guys at Alert Metals in Dallas. I've been dealing with them for over a decade and have always been very pleased with their work and pricing. I dropped off drawings at 4pm on Tuesday, and they called me at 11am on Wednesday to say it was ready! They have CNC lasers capable of up to 3/4", a huge variety of sheet in stock, and plenty of support equipment to fab whatever you need from 1 piece to a few hundred pieces.

Got it shoehorned in there, boogered some welds together as best as I could (rusty metal is not the best workpiece) and shot it with a spray can of Herculiner from the car parts store to cover the crap welds and give it some traction.
IMG_20191102_125214.jpg

Now we can get in and out without worrying about slicing our feet off!

The floor of my skidsteer had some serious cancer. It's not a rusty machine, but the previous owner did concrete work, and I think they spilled muriatic acid or something in the floor.
View attachment 305716
This part used to be the hump in the middle.
View attachment 305717

Beyond the obvious fact that it looks like shat, its also where your feet go when you step in and out, and where my kiddo stands when he rides with me.

So heres a before from the same angle as the others:
View attachment 305718

Took some measurements, and got some 10 gauge plate bent up.
View attachment 305720
If anyone near Gaston County needs some platework, I highly recommend the guys at Alert Metals in Dallas. I've been dealing with them for over a decade and have always been very pleased with their work and pricing. I dropped off drawings at 4pm on Tuesday, and they called me at 11am on Wednesday to say it was ready! They have CNC lasers capable of up to 3/4", a huge variety of sheet in stock, and plenty of support equipment to fab whatever you need from 1 piece to a few hundred pieces.

Got it shoehorned in there, boogered some welds together as best as I could (rusty metal is not the best workpiece) and shot it with a spray can of Herculiner from the car parts store to cover the crap welds and give it some traction.
View attachment 305723

Now we can get in and out without worrying about slicing our feet off!
That's awfully rusted! Probably just chemicals in general, of concrete. But in the winter, many of them have calcium-chloride, added to Speed up the drying time, & prevent freezing. And, remember the Charlotte Motor Speedway, Over Walk, that fell? That uh "salt" corroded the prestressed cables!

I’m really digging the “new” look of my truck. 35’s fit nicely and ride amazing.

Have you noticed any sidewall flex with those tires? I'm looking at putting the exact same tire (35/12.50r17 toyo at2) on my wife's Excursion and we haul a fair amount with it. I was a little worried about the large side wall.

Back