Random pic thread.

View attachment 305797 I don’t need a saw this big, but I figured why get a 4 banger when you can get a V8 for a few dollars more.
Until you carry it all day cutting small ish and your arms fall off...thats why you need mutliple saws

73321105_3417343131624232_4479237550665367552_o.jpg

Until you carry it all day cutting small ish and your arms fall off...thats why you need mutliple saws
I have a 80's vintage Homelite EZ start w a 16 inch bar my grandfather bought new.That thing will kill ya running it all day.

Same here with a Husqvarna rancher 50 from the 80's and a Homlite XL that is early 70's I think. Both my dads. They are heavy compared to any models of same "size" but would never get rid of them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

View attachment 305797 Because nobody ever said, “man, I wish I had bought a 4 cylinder jeep”. I don’t need a saw this big, but I figured why get a 4 banger when you can get a V8 for a few dollars more.
How big's the bar? I recently learned a 36" bar would be nice. I have a large dead pine tree in Camden you are more than welcome to come help me take out.....

How big's the bar? I recently learned a 36" bar would be nice. I have a large dead pine tree in Camden you are more than welcome to come help me take out.....
It’s just a 20”. Id be glad to help you out. Just hit me up. We’ll try and get our schedules together.

Ran a 36” bar on an Stihl 461 for a couple days straight laying into a huge red oak trunk. I looked like an ape dragging my arms around for a couple days afterward.

Ran a 36” bar on an Stihl 461 for a couple days straight laying into a huge red oak trunk. I looked like an ape dragging my arms around for a couple days afterward.
I was doing a job in Mullins, SC a while back. A mountain of a man was cutting trees for the city across the street that were super technical. Power lines, businesses, and they were right on the edge of the sidewalk. I’m talking 100 year old oaks that were massive. This dude was running a chainsaw that was as tall as me. I watched him tear those oaks up for three days up and down the street like it was no big deal. Then he came back and busted the stumps with a mal and axe. This dude was a stud. I wouldn’t have wanted to piss him off.

I was doing a job in Mullins, SC a while back. A mountain of a man was cutting trees for the city across the street that were super technical. Power lines, businesses, and they were right on the edge of the sidew alk. I’m talking 100 year old oaks that were massive. This dude was running a chainsaw that was as tall as me. I watched him tear those oaks up for three days up and down the street like it was no big deal. Then he came back and busted the stumps with a mal and axe. This dude was a stud. I wouldn’t have wanted to piss him off.
Mullins lol. My dad lives there. Different type of people down there.

KV6EqLvR-1446459461.jpg
KV6EqLvR-1446459461.jpg
3JOOAf1I-1446450619.jpg
wzKbhQPc-1446441970.jpg
YztM3d0u-1446473680.jpg

Great night last night with my wife. Great show and great pizza.

Attachments

• PX1RsRno-1446469431.jpg
    PX1RsRno-1446469431.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 136
Man, there isn’t anything there. I had to drive back into Marion to get parts for my job.
I remember about 25 years ago I asked my dad why we always ate at the dry dock. He asked if I wanted to ride another 30 minutes or eat my grand mas cooking. Never questioned him again.

Have you noticed any sidewall flex with those tires? I'm looking at putting the exact same tire (35/12.50r17 toyo at2) on my wife's Excursion and we haul a fair amount with it. I was a little worried about the large side wall.
The first few days was just getting some heat cycles into the tread blocks and the tires stiffened up nice. The trip here from Louisiana I had the 45’ toyhauler on and it was LOADED. Weight ticket from the CAT scales had me at 28,746 lbs. total weight. They handled awesome and rode smooth as butter. Every time I pulled in for fuel I’d put the laser temp Gun on the tires and they were never “hot” or anything running around 70-75mph straight through the trip.

Same here with a Husqvarna rancher 50 from the 80's and a Homlite XL that is early 70's I think. Both my dads. They are heavy compared to any models of same "size" but would never get rid of them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

A well running 70s super XL w a sharp chain on a 18" bar is a bad ass saw and probably the best saw built in that era imo.I had a well used '74 rebuilt about 1986 and it was a beast.It was about scary cutting 12-20" green pines just blew through the trunks and logs.I can still hear the scream of that saw.I still have it and run it now and then but it needs some work again.

Last edited:
A well running 70s XL w a sharp chain on a 18" bar is a bad ass saw and probably the best saw built in that era imo.I had a well used '74 rebuilt about 1986 and it was a beast.It was about scary cutting 12-20" green pines just blew through the trunks and logs.I can still hear the scream of that saw.I still have it and run it now and then but it needs some work again.
I have an old 046 Magnum (MS460/1 predecessor) that's so loud it will make your ears bleed, typically hung with a 25" bar, a nice light smooth MS261 with 18" bar, and an MS460 with 20" bar. Guess which one I pick up 95% of the time...
The big ol loud shaky screamer. I just like the way it runs. And y'all are a bunch of pussies. :flipoff2:

Getting ready to load the new powertrain into the "new" frame & body.. after changing out the rusty lines and worn parts of course. So much easier when you got access. Trailblazer would be a total pain to change the motor with pulling the body - the book time on it tells the story (19 hours on r&r).. I think it took about 4-5 to pull the body and whole assembly.

IMG_20191104_221350806.jpg
IMG_20191104_221403091_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

I have an old 046 Magnum (MS460/1 predecessor) that's so loud it will make your ears bleed, typically hung with a 25" bar, a nice light smooth MS261 with 18" bar, and an MS460 with 20" bar. Guess which one I pick up 95% of the time...
The big ol loud shaky screamer. I just like the way it runs. And y'all are a bunch of pussies. :flipoff2:

I forgot my super xl has a 20 bar I think thats standard. Another thing, the old saw has no vibration dampers,after running it for an hour or till it ran out of gas my hands were numb !

Last edited:
Love running my old saws. Ive got a few old husqvarnas and they all run like a scalded dog.

Next time you think about how much your rigs battery cost, it could be worse......
40vdc X 2
7FF47B9A-70ED-4928-9E93-C777BF9E9828.jpeg
225D57EC-6D0D-4F70-9A50-92150D46E681.jpeg

Back