Random pic thread.

View attachment 308024

He ran off the other day - half assed chased him trying to catch him before he could make the neighbors horses running - he was up and down the fence line.

My old dog would do that. He'd get in mind it was a game, and not come when called...he'd run as far as you would chase him and then some. I finally figured out what worked...drop to the ground, lay absolutely still, don't even blink an eye. Dog'll think you dropped dead, and come right over to investigate. Worked every time for me.

A dog trainer told me that trick...but she said to yelp and whimper like you are hurt. Worked best for me not to move or make any sound.

Sounds like the type of breeds in him...is he still a pup?
Higher strung mixed with high doses of goofy until older.

I have had both, and a mix of both actually. Non made it with me past the puppy stages or about 2 years. I didn't have the patience or the time they needed from me.
They are great but require way more attention than I could muster.

View attachment 308024

Kain is an asshole. Wifey left him out, in the house, gated out of the kitchen, and in less than one minute, stole this ornament from the tree and destroyed it.... I told wifey, "look at the bright side.... At least he didn't mark the tree." (It's a fake thankfully - might have something to do with it) that asshole steals socks, my kiddos stuffies - and destroys them - quickly. We've got a wireless fence to set up and hopefully with training let him run the yard. He ran off the other day - half assed chased him trying to catch him before he could make the neighbors horses running - he was up and down the fence line. I gave up after almost getting ahold of him a few times and went back to painting the trim. Few mins later, wifey walks back, without dog. She cranks her zj up, drives over near him, turns around. She gets out and had him on the leash. I told her she was way smarter than me -- if not smarter, at least way more clever. She told me she noted him inspecting her zj every walk... I guess womens's good at being clever.. after all, she did manage to convince me to marry her and get her almost anything she wants.. And she wants Kain a new home. His name was originally chance which I like far better. Wife/kids gave him a bad name - and names mean much more than people think. I think a name actually determines to some degree the attitude/etc that gets integrated while growing. He's a lab/husky mix from what we were told, kindly took him in as the prior owners didn't care much for him. Though I don't really blame them when he ran off abandoning trying to catch him. I don't think we would have without a snag pole and lots of luck. In not sure if he's dumb or just acts dumb to try to get attention.

He's not an asshole, he's a puppy with energy. Get rid of that energy and you'll have a well behaved dog on your hands.

Looks like this week is picking up

11265A69-C8A8-483B-921B-B730CFC51B4D.jpeg

where last week left off.

76992CA3-71AE-4F0A-BED3-FA689EFFB826.jpeg

He's not an asshole, he's a puppy with energy. Get rid of that energy and you'll have a well behaved dog on your hands.
And not just physical energy either.
Dogs are smart animals. They need mental stimulation and challenge.
BTW...crating him when he destroyed an ornament isnt very productive. His crate is his safe spot, his home.
You just re-enforced the destructive behavior...

I completely agree with that comment, crating a dog as punishment or out of frustration is the most counterproductive thing you can do to their development

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

And not just physical energy either.
Dogs are smart animals. They need mental stimulation and challenge.
BTW...crating him when he destroyed an ornament isnt very productive. His crate is his safe spot, his home.
You just re-enforced the destructive behavior...

I completely agree with that comment, crating a dog as punishment or out of frustration is the most counterproductive thing you can do to their development

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
wife is the one that put him in the crate over it. What instead would y'all recommend doing when he's doing something he shouldn't?

I'm no dog whisper but my little buddy is very responsive to me putting my finger on the top of his nose and talking sternly too him. He knows when I do that he is in trouble.

I've never had many problems with him, I'm pretty sure I picked out the best dog in the world from the shelter 10 years ago. He's my best friend and I love him like nothing else.

IMG_20140214_244515_779.jpg

Back