Random pic thread.

Ate a bunch of food around 3, then watched the kids ride bikes for a while, and got a second wind around 7pm. Decided to start a little project I've been putting off for about a year. Not bad progress for 3.5hrs.
View attachment 331672 View attachment 331673 View attachment 331675 View attachment 331674 View attachment 331676
how much did the elderly knome sitting on the couch run ya? All I can find here are them little bastards with pointy hats that sit by a tree turning green from mold.

That's just a suggestion......

Duane
Our new brush truck is a perfect example. We had a nice 80 something dually chevy 4x4 with a 454. That baby would roll and never missed a beat. All the neighboring depts upgraded their brush trucks and all of a sudden ours wasn't good enough any more. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who argued against getting a new one. I told them I wasn't pulling more than 50ft off the hose reel on the new truck. More than that and I was driving closer, scratches be damned. They got a f350 dually with an early 6.7. that pos will scat, but it's had all sorts of problems. Turbos gone out, def problems all sorts of stupid shit you didn't have with the old truck. Never mind that it's a pig. Dang thing must weigh 2000 lbs more than the old truck. It gets stuck on wet grass. But it looks nice in parades so that's all that matters.

Our new brush truck is a perfect example. We had a nice 80 something dually chevy 4x4 with a 454. That baby would roll and never missed a beat. All the neighboring depts upgraded their brush trucks and all of a sudden ours wasn't good enough any more. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who argued against getting a new one. I told them I wasn't pulling more than 50ft off the hose reel on the new truck. More than that and I was driving closer, scratches be damned. They got a f350 dually with an early 6.7. that pos will scat, but it's had all sorts of problems. Turbos gone out, def problems all sorts of stupid shit you didn't have with the old truck. Never mind that it's a pig. Dang thing must weigh 2000 lbs more than the old truck. It gets stuck on wet grass. But it looks nice in parades so that's all that matters.
DEF sitting and not circulating and going stale is an issue, had several pieces of rental equipment and newer customer equipment with crystallized DEF systems because they sat, even unused DEF in an open jug goes bad. DEF has a shelf life worse than gasoline.

Turned the spare bedroom into a retro game room. NES, Genesis, N64, PS1 and PS2. Now I need to start acquiring some of the games I remember from back in the day, seems I've lost some games over the years.

View attachment 331553 View attachment 331554 View attachment 331555

I had my old N64 modded for a HDMI port. It looks a somewhat better than what it did but it aint as smooth as what an emulator on a PC looks. I also bought an Everdrive cart for it and now i have every game that was ever made for it ready to play on one cartridge.

Had a pistol stolen out of my wife’s car a little over 2 years ago. I knew they caught the guy and my pistol was being held in evidence. I wrote it off. Figured it was gone and lost in the system. Low and behold, I get a call from the sheriffs department a couple of days ago telling me they have it and it’s ready for pickup. Still in the evidence bags and all. It’s even got the assholes name who stole it on each bag. I still can’t believe it sat in evidence for 2 years. I know a guy who’s stolen pistol was used in a murder and he got it back within days. Either way, glad to have it back. View attachment 331686

I had a buddy too who's was stolen out of his car and used in a murder... I think it took a couple months for him to get his back though.

Been fixing up this old chicken barn in my spare time to store the gooseneck. Was originally built in the late 60s

20201125_160512.jpg

20201125_160452.jpg
20201125_181858.jpg
20201124_172926.jpg

Things starting to get real....we’re under contract on 13 acres back home in Marion, NC.

Me, dad and @ramjo went and dug some holes today for the perc test. Hopefully all goes well and we can close early January. Long road and a lot of work ahead of us, but it’s exciting. Looking forward to our kids being able to run through the woods and play in the creeks.

AA66C970-FDE6-4687-A038-BB4E282E975A.jpeg

D3C56C69-FA30-48D3-8124-A9B4CAF7BCF7.jpeg

92D956A5-919E-45EE-A2BB-8A643F6747AE.jpeg
DD1313F1-4F38-48AA-B4F9-A2C601BA8702.jpeg

Things starting to get real....we’re under contract on 13 acres back home in Marion, NC.

Me, dad and @ramjo went and dug some holes today for the perc test. Hopefully all goes well and we can close early January. Long road and a lot of work ahead of us, but it’s exciting. Looking forward to our kids being able to run through the woods and play in the creeks.

View attachment 332031
View attachment 332030

View attachment 332029 View attachment 332032

Is that south of 40? If you need help digging holes or moving dirt next time holler.

Is that south of 40? If you need help digging holes or moving dirt next time holler.

Yea man...maybe 5 miles from 40 off 221 in the Glenwood community. I appreciate the offer for sure. Dads got a backhoe and a dozer but there’s no road in and no way across the creek to the build site yet so it was shovels and the post hole diggers today. Once it’s mine, getting a culvert in the creek so we can drive over is the first project.

I had the day off and Seent this story on the news today.She's working from home and I told her about it and that was gonna go get some of that stuff before it's gone like the TP.
Chemical compounds in green tea, dark chocolate may fight COVID virus

she was not even mad when I came home with this.The orange and the espresso bean are very good, I've been buying them for a few years,a bar might last a few days or a week.
20201201_183625.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn't able to get a pic, but saw somebody with this in the back window of their black suburban on the way to work this morning :lol:
211f0dc2-a350-44b3-9231-e1120d7e7b09_1.46bbca14bad325438112cb2cfdad60a3.jpeg

After a quick investigation I figure out why the shop got all smokey this morning when I fired up the wood heater. Looks like some stainless duct just got added to the shopping list.

IMG_20201202_101307122.jpg

Back