Random pic thread.

How did you like dealing with those non buckling buckles? I have a bag with them and I want to like them, but they can be kind of a pain sometimes.

First trip with this pack and I liked them. Set the desired tension on them and they were pretty easy to unbuckle/buckle. Pretty secure. Pack weighed in at 28lbs and everything stayed put and didn't move around.

Winter hiking trip last weekend. 10 miles on Cat Gap, Art Loeb, Butter Gap Trails. Hammock camped. First night was around 15, second night was 25. Lots of fun and really enjoyed my new pack. Wife wants to come along so we are looking at packs for her now.

View attachment 339309

View attachment 339310

View attachment 339311
Cat and Butter Gap are some of my favorite mountain biking trails. You were right here in my area. Next time, holler and we'll grab a beer.

Well......

Resized_20210226_100257.jpeg

Cat and Butter Gap are some of my favorite mountain biking trails. You were right here in my area. Next time, holler and we'll grab a beer.

Yup, I figured you were up that way. Butter Gap was a really nice trail. Planning on taking the wife on some backpacking trips in the area and I'll hit you up the next time we are there.

Cemetary Loop, to Long Branch, to Butter Gap to Cat Gap. Really great hiking loop. All right there near the fish hatchery.
I've hiked up from the hatchery and done a day hike in a circle. Will look into this as I was told I could hit the Art Leob from here in an extended loop. Would be ideal for one of our Brevard visits.

I'd love to do this passage with someone. I've done the Art Leob and portions of the the others. Hit a fella up!

Sounds like we need to get a NC4x4 backpacking trip together. We planned on hitting John Rock but one of the guys with us had some previous medical issues that prevented us from doing a lot of uphill portions. This is the route we took.

1614365693143.png

Where the ! point is there is some class 3 slabs and we wanted to play on them, unfortunately we got there and everything was iced up good which made it downright terrifying.

1614365678497.png

The trail goes down and to the left and it was solid ice. So we backtracked and came down a little used trail. Still a great hike.

Sounds like we need to get a NC4x4 backpacking trip together. We planned on hitting John Rock but one of the guys with us had some previous medical issues that prevented us from doing a lot of uphill portions. This is the route we took.

View attachment 339354

Where the ! point is there is some class 3 slabs and we wanted to play on them, unfortunately we got there and everything was iced up good which made it downright terrifying.

View attachment 339353

The trail goes down and to the left and it was solid ice. So we backtracked and came down a little used trail. Still a great hike.
Been on that one, ever since my ear operation sometimes I get inner ear wacked out. I was on that rock and every step felt like falling off the end. Absolutely made for a messed up experience trying not to wig out. It also has seemed to amplify a fear of heights I used to not pay much attention too. A truely anxious weird moment of annoying traits.

Been on that one, ever since my ear operation sometimes I get inner ear wacked out. I was on that rock and every step felt like falling off the end. Absolutely made for a messed up experience trying not to wig out. It also has seemed to amplify a fear of heights I used to not pay much attention too. A truely anxious weird moment of annoying traits.
Been there. Done that! I was just about scared shitless on the top of that rock. If there was no Ice I would have been fine. But with that ice it gave me that extra pucker factor that I couldn’t shake. We were able to find a smalll,unused trail down the rock face that didn’t show up on normal maps. It was more of a climbers trail. If there was no ice I would have been a lot more comfortable tackling the original trail.
Still a good experience and I still want to go down that trail once it gets warmer!

Farewell, PT loser.

20210227_082245.jpg

When my wife was young they had some movie theater chairs on their front porch and had some great memories of friends stopping by to watch the Main street pass them by. Today I did a thing and we will be upgrading the front porch at our house to bring some good memories back. This summer we plan to screen in the porch for summer sitting.

btw. They are beer in hand approved!

Attachments

• C7EEE6C2-9B6D-4721-AB33-EED59B428655.jpeg
    C7EEE6C2-9B6D-4721-AB33-EED59B428655.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 112
When my wife was young they had some movie theater chairs on their front porch and had some great memories of friends stopping by to watch the Main street pass them by. Today I did a thing and we will be upgrading the front porch at our house to bring some good memories back. This summer we plan to screen in the porch for summer sitting.

btw. They are beer in hand approved!
I see your chickens like shitting on the porch too :lol:

You should buy a clean one and keep it in the bedroom.
Are you really so much taller than him that yall'd need this to make the geometry work?

I had this reply queued up last night, but I was a bit lubricated and wasn't sure if it would work. I'm a little less lubricated now so I figured id let it fly

Back