Random pic thread.

sniper.png
 
Somebody rebuilt her struts with new shocks, boots, rubber stuff and bearings
IMG_20261007_204052267_HDR.jpg
IMG_20261007_210249722.jpg
IMG_20261007_210320795.jpg
 
You know what sucks? Drilling a bunch of 1/2" holes through 3/4" plate by hand so the thingamajig on the right will attach to the whatchamacallit on the left.
PXL_20261008_000004627.jpg


But I've got a big job tomorrow with one of my very important customers, so I want to have the right tool for the job.
PXL_20261008_030823803.jpg
PXL_20261008_030834172.jpg


I also added this "Tree-V" on the back so I can push and direct trees a little better after the roots are ripped out.
PXL_20261008_044208261.jpg


I'm pretty sure I bought this ripper in the spring of 2024, so I guess it's finally time to let it rip! :D
 
You know what sucks? Drilling a bunch of 1/2" holes through 3/4" plate by hand so the thingamajig on the right will attach to the whatchamacallit on the left.
View attachment 461907

But I've got a big job tomorrow with one of my very important customers, so I want to have the right tool for the job.
View attachment 461908View attachment 461909

I also added this "Tree-V" on the back so I can push and direct trees a little better after the roots are ripped out.
View attachment 461910

I'm pretty sure I bought this ripper in the spring of 2024, so I guess it's finally time to let it rip! :D
Looks like its time to invest in one of those vevor mag drills!
 
But did you prep her by showing all the clips of strut springs going through walls and ceilings and people so she can appreciate the stored energy in one of those death traps?
Dang, maybe a missed opportunity?

We talked through all the parts first and I said, can you move this spring?
-No, its tight
ok so see the top part here? whats keeping it on?
-Looks like that nut
Yep. So that spring is tight right? what would happen if I just took the nut off?
- It would probably shoot off of the wall
Eggs Zachary. Lets not let that happen... we have these cool coil compressors to tighten it a little more and relieve that nut.
- That looks pretty scary too!
Yep. So we're gonna put on our big boy & girl pants and be careful.
 
Dang, maybe a missed opportunity?

We talked through all the parts first and I said, can you move this spring?
-No, its tight
ok so see the top part here? whats keeping it on?
-Looks like that nut
Yep. So that spring is tight right? what would happen if I just took the nut off?
- It would probably shoot off of the wall
Eggs Zachary. Lets not let that happen... we have these cool coil compressors to tighten it a little more and relieve that nut.
- That looks pretty scary too!
Yep. So we're gonna put on our big boy & girl pants and be careful.
I have no doubts you did it right and from what I’ve seent she is pretty darn capable (congrats Dad (and mom)). Those videos make my B-hole clench every time though and keep the realistic danger fresh in my mind.
 
I have no doubts you did it right and from what I’ve seent she is pretty darn capable (congrats Dad (and mom)). Those videos make my B-hole clench every time though and keep the realistic danger fresh in my mind.
Agreed. Even using the compressors makes me pucker.

Side note, I was shocked how little compression it took for them to be loose. Maybe an inch? Don't know if that's 53 years of wear or normal for these.
 
You know what sucks? Drilling a bunch of 1/2" holes through 3/4" plate by hand so the thingamajig on the right will attach to the whatchamacallit on the left.
View attachment 461907

But I've got a big job tomorrow with one of my very important customers, so I want to have the right tool for the job.
View attachment 461908View attachment 461909

I also added this "Tree-V" on the back so I can push and direct trees a little better after the roots are ripped out.
View attachment 461910

I'm pretty sure I bought this ripper in the spring of 2024, so I guess it's finally time to let it rip! :D
You know what sucks? Drilling a bunch of 1/2" holes through 3/4" plate by hand so the thingamajig on the right will attach to the whatchamacallit on the left.
View attachment 461907

But I've got a big job tomorrow with one of my very important customers, so I want to have the right tool for the job.
View attachment 461908View attachment 461909

I also added this "Tree-V" on the back so I can push and direct trees a little better after the roots are ripped out.
View attachment 461910

I'm pretty sure I bought this ripper in the spring of 2024, so I guess it's finally time to let it rip! :D

Maybe you'll get lucky and find a dinosaur tooth like i did.

20261007_162920.jpg
 
Back
Top