Random Thoughts.....

El Yucateco, if you want something you can buy at a grocery store. Their Black Label Reserve is awesome and has some smoky-ness to it, but is not nearly as hot as the red or green habeñero. I go through a lot of bottles of Black Label on pork tacos, because that smoky flavor....We eat a lot of tacos. Steak tacos usually get the Guacamaya hot sauce, because its got this really weird almost bitter note that goes amazing with the sweet fat on skirt steak.

Texas Pete and Tabasco are what I put on my fried eggs at a roadside diner (slim pickings), but they're flavor enhancer and not hot sauce. Cholula on eggs is really good, but again not hot.
Other than eggs, I put vinegar based hot sauces on almost nothing.

Last edited:
I put Texas Pete on a lot of stuff.
But the best hot sauce around is Big Eds Hot Sauce from Pulliam's BBQ ( the hot dog place ) in Winston Salem.
It's more like a "hot dog sauce" type stuff, but man it's good .... not just hot.

@Lurch830
You have training for not propping doors with a towel and being on the lookout for men in black on a bicycle!?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I spoke with a gentleman today who has had a falling out with his adult son. To the point of the cops being called, eviction papers served, etc. He called me seeking advice.

I could not offer any meaningful advice. My dad passed in 2006. My one thought was, that for everything I have, the house, land, shop, RV....everything, I would gladly give up tomorrow just to sit down and have just one more conversation with my dad. We never had a problem between us or an ill word, and damn, I miss him.

So, my random thought for the day...If your dad is still around, call or stop in and have a visit for me. Dads won't be here forever.

I spoke with a gentleman today who has had a falling out with his adult son. To the point of the cops being called, eviction papers served, etc. He called me seeking advice.

I could not offer any meaningful advice. My dad passed in 2006. My one thought was, that for everything I have, the house, land, shop, RV....everything, I would gladly give up tomorrow just to sit down and have just one more conversation with my dad. We never had a problem between us or an ill word, and damn, I miss him.

So, my random thought for the day...If your dad is still around, call or stop in and have a visit for me. Dads won't be here forever.

This hits home as we laid my dad to rest 2 weeks ago. I’ve lived in different states over the past 26 years and although we had a great relationship and were close, I’d still give anything to have one more conversation with him.

Last edited:

Wednesday will be 21 years since I lost my dad and not a day goes by that I don’t think about him and wish I had more time with him. So many things I regret not having the time to do with him.

My dad and me have never gotten along well. We are too alike. Not in all ways, but a lot. But I try to keep.in mind that sooner rather than later he ain't gonna be here anymore, and try to see him when I can.

Its even worse with my stepdad.

Dave’s insanity sauce for the win
I went to school with a guy that grew up in a small town in China that's apparently known for having some of the hottest foods in the world. Somebody brought in Dave's Insanity sauce. Most people were dipping a toothpick in it, touching it to their tongue, and going crazy. This guy was pouring it on crackers...

I went to school with a guy that grew up in a small town in China that's apparently known for having some of the hottest foods in the world. Somebody brought in Dave's Insanity sauce. Most people were dipping a toothpick in it, touching it to their tongue, and going crazy. This guy was pouring it on crackers...
My boss is like that. He grows Carolina Reapers, makes a sauce and dips whatever he's eating in it. Dips steak in it, pours in on a burger, etc. One drop of it and I'm in pain. I don't enjoy that kind of hot.

I like the Ignore feature on this site.

o_O...you lost me on that one
Still work for Duke dont you?
I got an email for all contractors, about an incident at a midwest operation center. Door was propped open and an "assailant " came in armed, Duke employee got in his truck and left the favility,they didn't catch the intruder as he rode away on his bicycle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Still work for Duke dont you?
I got an email for all contractors, about an incident at a midwest operation center. Door was propped open and an "assailant " came in armed, Duke employee got in his truck and left the favility,they didn't catch the intruder as he rode away on his bicycle.
No sir. I've never worked for Duke, but being in Public Power I've worked with them for several years.

It feels good to get my hands dirty at work again.

So i separated from my ex wife 3 years ago and divorced after 35 years of marriage.
Swore i would never date again...

Then i met a chick through a mutual friend who had never been offroading in her life.
Our first "date" was her riding with me @Harlan for 3 days.
She never flinched even going through Lion's Den.
She started hanging out at my crib after we got back and i was clueless.
Till my daughters said,
"Daddy, that girl likes you" Duh on my part...

So then i swore that i was never getting married again and nobody is EVER moving in with me.
After 2 years, she puts up with my jeep shit, my gun shit and reloading shit.
As well that every boat i buy sinks. along with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ stuff.

Still not ever getting married again.
But she's moving in with me this weekend.
But you'll have that.

Yo @Susan5679 !

I told you to run from my crazy ass a long time ago, didn't i?

'Dre out...

So i separated from my ex wife 3 years ago and divorced after 35 years of marriage.
Swore i would never date again...

Then i met a chick through a mutual friend who had never been offroading in her life.
Our first "date" was her riding with me @Harlan for 3 days.
She never flinched even going through Lion's Den.
She started hanging out at my crib after we got back and i was clueless.
Till my daughters said,
"Daddy, that girl likes you" Duh on my part...

So then i swore that i was never getting married again and nobody is EVER moving in with me.
After 2 years, she puts up with my jeep shit, my gun shit and reloading shit.
As well that every boat i buy sinks. along with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ stuff.

Still not ever getting married again.
But she's moving in with me this weekend.
But you'll have that.

Yo @Susan5679 !

I told you to run from my crazy ass a long time ago, didn't i?

'Dre out...

Yes you told me to run, you didn’t specify which way; so now you are stuck with me. I love your crazy ass too much to let you go. Still in shock at the moment that you asked me to move in. I’m gonna love waking up next to you and the fur babies every morning. And to have many more adventures!

Back