Recession coming?

In the grand scheme of things what I do isnt even a blip on the radar but folks are still buying parts(things they probably dont need).I ship one or more packages about every day.

DoorDash,
I dont know about there but around here I could see why DD would be laying off.Most of the DD people I see picking up food I wouldnt want handling it in a restaurant setting much less hauling it around in their car w three kids and fours dogs.

I dont know about there but around here I could see why DD would be laying off.Most of the DD people I see picking up food I wouldnt want handling it in a restaurant setting much less hauling it around in their car w three kids and fours dogs.

The DD drivers are not DD employees keep in mind and aren't grouped in layoffs.

There are tons of people that want the convenience of delivery, and tons of white glove stuff DD does as well that (not just the app that you purchase from). But hypergrowth sometimes doesn't last forever.

My current employer is still receiving orders for new equipment to be manufactured without any slowing down. The new construction side has slowed slightly as interest rates have gone up but they are still receiving orders for reloads, retrofits or upgrades. I leave there on the 16th to go over to a new employer who has a 18-24mo construction schedule as it sits today. That does not include any acquisitions and renovations.

I can see how residential projects are slowing more as much of that is dictated by banks and interest rates. Carwashes have seen a giant influx of PE money in recent years and while it is not recession proof it’s fairly recession stable. Even in 07-09 we saw things level off but hardly any sites closed. Take rates on wash packages and memberships may change, but people still tend to take pride in the things they own and maintain.

Back