Rent strike,who's heard about this??

Thats fine and dandy. Until they start cutting trees that are below the line and cut down whole trees for no reason. Then butcher the other trees they dont cut down and destroy your flower beds.
I always thought the easement on my property meant that they had the right to roll over anything underneath and a specific distance to the sides of the power lines. The only thing I have underneath is my gated fence and my sorry attempt at a lawn.

They came out yesterday to swap a transformer. The only thing I was watching for was to make sure they didn't park too far to the side and end up over my septic system.

Back on rent strike topic, it's just another symptom of a society that has lost touch with the concept that people who they pay aren't stealing from them. They have become so disconnected from the concept that everything costs someone something.

They think that they can wave a wand and make it free. I guess they think that there is some greedy mythical man who has all the resources horded and can just release them if we tell him to pay for it all.

It's as if a large part of society never mentally moved out of their parents' basement.

I always thought the easement on my property meant that they had the right to roll over anything underneath and a specific distance to the sides of the power lines. The only thing I have underneath is my gated fence and my sorry attempt at a lawn.

They came out yesterday to swap a transformer. The only thing I was watching for was to make sure they didn't park too far to the side and end up over my septic system.

Correct, to an extent. The problem was that the flower bed was 50 ft from the lines.

well let me ask you this how do i get them to come cut a tree that is dead/dying and its a 50/50 change of it taking out power or landing on my house
Go ahead and knock it over on the power lines.

well let me ask you this how do i get them to come cut a tree that is dead/dying and its a 50/50 change of it taking out power or landing on my house

Fastest way is below...
Go ahead and knock it over on the power lines.

Best way would be call your electric provider and tell them. Co-Ops/EMCs will handle it themselves most likely; munis & IOUs (Duke) contract it out most times.
Hopefully its before the meter & you're with an EMC or muni (faster response). If its after the meter, you may be on your own as their responsibility ends at the meter. Never hurts to ask though!

Fastest way is below...

Best way would be call your electric provider and tell them. Co-Ops/EMCs will handle it themselves most likely; munis & IOUs (Duke) contract it out most times.
Hopefully its before the meter & you're with an EMC or muni (faster response). If its after the meter, you may be on your own as their responsibility ends at the meter. Never hurts to ask though!

i have duke progress... but the tree in in front yard. if i drop it straight away it takes out a main line. drop it left or right and it takes out either my line to the meter or my neighbors

ill give them a call anyways im not in a rush to get it down, but it does need to come down.

i have duke progress... but the tree in in front yard. if i drop it straight away it takes out a main line. drop it left or right and it takes out either my line to the meter or my neighbors

ill give them a call anyways im not in a rush to get it down, but it does need to come down.
Just a heads up...they will take down any limb over a line, they will determine aif a tree thatnwould hit a line is dead..they aren't going to cut a live tree just because if it fell it would reach a line.

Also when they drop it that's typically it. So e places will chip it but many leave it where it lies so be prepared to handle that

Just a heads up...they will take down any limb over a line, they will determine aif a tree thatnwould hit a line is dead..they aren't going to cut a live tree just because if it fell it would reach a line.

Also when they drop it that's typically it. So e places will chip it but many leave it where it lies so be prepared to handle that
i can get a truck to haul it and a chipper from work, i just trying to get out of climbing it and topping it down.

will post picture of said tree

^this is true...forgot that last night...stupid sleepless nights!
I've heard of crews showing up, determining if/when the tree falls it will not take out their line and leaving without raising a bucket or grabbing a saw.

You may get lucky since a lot of Duke Energy Progress (DEP) crews are trying to stay busy with COVID-19 in the air. I just had a meeting in Lumberton today with DEP East and they're pushing/getting ahead of schedule on several projects. I've never dealt with DEP West before so I don't even have any contacts to pass along.

That’s what they are doing here. They will cut in eight foot pieces but leave it lay. I gonna have a huge mess I’m sure.We have a huge sycamore in our front yard that has to come down.
6abe261e4e5f3332e92f664e00b677fb.jpg

7a02010485ab715ab65c12d988544a18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture of dying tree, it’s going to hit lines in any direction on back onto my house. It’s leaning towards the street and power pole
c21a2e0a5a3e9fd2eb1a395f37d4c78a.jpg

I interact with several municipal power companies and know my fair share of linemen. Been told on multiple occasions how this causes problems, but most people want the pretty blossoms in the spring & shade in the summer! Most linemen keep a mental note of people that don't want their trees trimmed when they've been warned and they're the last to have power restored during storms due to downed branches.

Talking with the municipals this week, several already had internal policies in place (before Cooper signed anything) to not cut off anyone's power during this pandemic due to late payment(s), waived late fees and were giving people 3-6 months to catch up on late payments.

That's why I paid up and had them run my power underground all 200yds to my house. I like looking at tree's it didn't want to be without power 2 days longer than everyone else bc of a tree down on my property.

Picture of dying tree, it’s going to hit lines in any direction on back onto my house. It’s leaning towards the street and power pole
c21a2e0a5a3e9fd2eb1a395f37d4c78a.jpg

I'd cut that junk down with my battery powered chainsaw and a ladder haha. Limb it all the way around as high as you can get and then just cut the top out. A 10-15ft ladder should be plenty.

That's why I paid up and had them run my power underground all 200yds to my house. I like looking at tree's it didn't want to be without power 2 days longer than everyone else bc of a tree down on my property.

That'll be what I do if/when I ever build!

Another option with duke energy is. Call them and ask them to drop a line. You can schedule it. They disconnect power lay lines on ground and you can cut all ya want. Then tell them to rehang the lines. It doesn’t cost anything. If you drop a tree on a line it may cost you a lot. It’s a second option if they refuse to cut your live tree down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back