Rent strike,who's heard about this??

I let all of my tenants know that if they needed help during this I would absolutely work with them, that being said, if someone were to tell me "I'm not paying rent the next 4 months because I don't have to" they wouldn't be living in one of my houses much longer.
This is mostly a NYC thing and I've been reading about it spreading and people sharing her dumbass sentiment on Reddit for the last month and all that being said, I hope the city collapses on itself.

I let all of my tenants know that if they needed help during this I would absolutely work with them, that being said, if someone were to tell me "I'm not paying rent the next 4 months because I don't have to" they wouldn't be living in one of my houses much longer.
This is mostly a NYC thing and I've been reading about it spreading and people sharing her dumbass sentiment on Reddit for the last month and all that being said, I hope the city collapses on itself.
I saw it on FB in one of the groups Im in and they were in Lexington KY trying to get it goin.

Propagnada on da face books

92065759_2797023073726812_7869262981224202240_n.jpg
92147166_2797023190393467_3940661880246239232_n.jpg
92317272_2797023147060138_6442252915942883328_n.jpg
92557642_2797022993726820_2479853566261460992_o.jpg
92952819_2797023117060141_1847307662128054272_n.jpg

Some of those demands are just plain stupid. A landlord has no control over prisons, healthcare, or a tenants wages, so why attempt to include them? And the sentence "let the landlords scramble for a mortgage holiday," do they not realize if the banks do not grant the holiday and foreclose on a landlords property then they will STILL be homeless?

Duane

I feel like Im saying this a lot more here lately, but, what a load of crap! Some people are so dumb, I wonder how they breathe!

The hammer and sickle is a nice touch.

There have been apartment dwellers in my area that have been posting such awesomeness as "Are we going to get a rent discount if we can't use the amenities that are included in the rent, like picnic tables, pool, coffee shop, etc?".

I dunno, can you use the pool when it's drained for the winter, and why does no one use the picnic tables just because it's cold or rainy outside? Clearly you're missing an opportunity to ask for seasonal or weather-based rent discounts. If you want a handout, say you want a handout. Don't use the pretense of not being able to use the coffee shop because there's a fucking global pandemic that affects everyone else as well. Some people legitimately can't pay their rent because of actual important reasons, and that's the bigger problem.

Last edited:
I assumed with all the dates being April 1st (plus the hammer and sickle in the second pic) this is all just an april fools joke that is making the rounds late.

Yeah, I know lots of people don't want to pay rent, but most of those people don't care about the homeless and prisoners, at least it isn't on their radar when demanding free rent.

I assumed with all the dates being April 1st (plus the hammer and sickle in the second pic) this is all just an april fools joke that is making the rounds late.

Yeah, I know lots of people don't want to pay rent, but most of those people don't care about the homeless and prisoners, at least it isn't on their radar when demanding free rent.
No its legit.I don't know if she was the one that came up w it or not but AOC is pushing it in some form.
She's Back! AOC Now Blames 'Problems of Capitalism' on People Owning Property

I saw something similar the other day... basically telling everyone to keep paying their bills, despite the current blame game.

In a nutshell, the main point was that while they may gain some temporary pleasure from not paying (rent/mortgage, electricity, water, etc.)... the very second the lockdown is lifted even a little, *ALL* that shat will be due instantly!
That will only shortly delay evictions & disconnects for these chuckle-heads!

It implied that folks that communicate/work with their debtee's might be granted some leeway in the several months it will take to go back to work, be paid, and resume paying... which I have to believe

I saw something similar the other day... basically telling everyone to keep paying their bills, despite the current blame game.

In a nutshell, the main point was that while they may gain some temporary pleasure from not paying (rent/mortgage, electricity, water, etc.)... the very second the lockdown is lifted even a little, *ALL* that shat will be due instantly!
That will only shortly delay evictions & disconnects for these chuckle-heads!

It implied that folks that communicate/work with their debtee's might be granted some leeway in the several months it will take to go back to work, be paid, and resume paying... which I have to believe
Yeah the key to it is gonna be working out some kind of agreement both sides can live with.The "hell no I aint paying" is not gonna end well.

I know there are places that are passing rules that say you can't evict tenants during the quarantine, but if I had tenants who flat told me they weren't going to pay like that, the day the quarantine was over I'd be sitting at the courthouse with a stack of eviction notices. I also might just cut off whatever free services I was providing. Power included in rent? Lights out. Free water? You just dried up. Need maintenance on anything? Fix it your damn self.

The power comp was here yesterday looking at trees.I have 9 trees that need to come down.All are close to the lines and most are ash.The guy from the power company I've known for probably 30 years.He was telling how some folks refuse to let them trim their trees.He says if/when they have a line break due to a tree/limb falling they tried to trim they will not turn that persons power on after the repair.

This is a good way to get kicked out of one of my rental properties.

just because there is $ out there, that doesn’t mean the payments are eliminated on all fronts. I still have to pay my mortgages. I may work with you and defer rent to another month if you have been affected. But to use it as an excuse to not pay rent, well FU and GTFO off my property, I’ll find a worthy renter. If not, I’ll let it sit. But I’ll be dammed if you are living in my property for free while I incur expenses, liability, and lose profits because I can’t rent it to someone who is willing to continue their responsibility.

Last edited:
This is the problem with "official" rent agreements.

Heck, I can't even kick my wife out if she doesn't pay per "the agreement" without a complicated government "process".

This is the shit I just don't understand with people, and why it makes me hate interacting with anyone. I've been out of work before, cash has been extremely tight (ie $12 to my name)...but it's never crossed my mind, that I didn't owe for a good or service. If rent was coming due and I didn't think I could pay it, it was a conversation weeks in advance. I've also had a couple small rentals before (hated it, never again). It's usually a pretty simple conversation...'hey, it'll be taken out of the security deposit'...'hey, it'll be amortized over the life of the lease'...'hey, you're a handyman, paint this room or that one, replace some insulation, fix the toilets, etc etc and I'll deduct it from your bill'.

I know there are places that are passing rules that say you can't evict tenants during the quarantine, but if I had tenants who flat told me they weren't going to pay like that, the day the quarantine was over I'd be sitting at the courthouse with a stack of eviction notices. I also might just cut off whatever free services I was providing. Power included in rent? Lights out. Free water? You just dried up. Need maintenance on anything? Fix it your damn self.

Then you will just have to fix more shit they have destroyed before you can get them out.

Did the exact same last week.

Had one tenant (who int going to be renewed anyway because of prior issues...he doesnt know that yet)..make a joke 'Man I heard evictions were suspended so I aint going to pay nothing', he was being good natured and laughing and followed it up with naw just kidding...which I explained that since I owed the bank and it wasnt a mortgage it wasnt protected. And would he rather deal with me or the lawyers from BOA who would want to take possession...he laughed and said "Nah cuz you cool. I dont want no corporate landord"...

The power comp was here yesterday looking at trees.I have 9 trees that need to come down.All are close to the lines and most are ash.The guy from the power company I've known for probably 30 years.He was telling how some folks refuse to let them trim their trees.He says if/when they have a line break due to a tree/limb falling they tried to trim they will not turn that persons power on after the repair.

I interact with several municipal power companies and know my fair share of linemen. Been told on multiple occasions how this causes problems, but most people want the pretty blossoms in the spring & shade in the summer! Most linemen keep a mental note of people that don't want their trees trimmed when they've been warned and they're the last to have power restored during storms due to downed branches.

Talking with the municipals this week, several already had internal policies in place (before Cooper signed anything) to not cut off anyone's power during this pandemic due to late payment(s), waived late fees and were giving people 3-6 months to catch up on late payments.

I interact with several municipal power companies and know my fair share of linemen. Been told on multiple occasions how this causes problems, but most people want the pretty blossoms in the spring & shade in the summer! Most linemen keep a mental note of people that don't want their trees trimmed when they've been warned and they're the last to have power restored during storms due to downed branches.

well let me ask you this how do i get them to come cut a tree that is dead/dying and its a 50/50 change of it taking out power or landing on my house

Thats fine and dandy. Until they start cutting trees that are below the line and cut down whole trees for no reason. Then butcher the other trees they dont cut down and destroy your flower beds.

Back