right of way...

And drunk!! I think if there were a way to keep the no alcohol on the trails rule enforced it would be alot different up there.
We have requested this for a couple of years. We have been working on logistics with the forrest service.

I disagree. I'd say 99% of the illegal trails are made by four wheelers at night just looking tear shit up.
Amen!! I've gone off the trail at UNF to avoid giant mud holes , or to quickly get around a group that has the trail blocked, but I don't tear shit up. I can ride my bike through grass and leave damn near no evidence, I'd cut it off and walk it around someone before I sat there stuck, digging a hole. I've never had the desire to trail blaze there. My riding at unf is like most peoples gym trips, I go twice a week and have a set work out. We unload at the bottom of Daniel and ride every trail there forwards, backwards and then back down Daniel. I know I see more of the unf
OHV system on a day to day basis than most. Here's what I see, never seen a 4x4 blazing trails, never seen a bike blazing trails, have seen 4wheelers blazing or following known off limits trails on multiple occasions. I know there are people who ride 4wheelers responsibly, but a lot of them tear shit up.

We have requested this for a couple of years. We have been working on logistics with the forrest service.

I have mentioned this once or twice sort of as a joke, but it looks as though some states have legislation which grants forest rangers the authority to deputize temporary aids. There seem to be people very willing and capable of being good shepherds of the trails, I'm curious to know if this has ever been explored?

Shaggy

I ride both bike and ohv up the e and this is what I do. On my bike I pull over for the ohv crowd when I come across them as it is easier for me. I ride by myself most times though. I have been stuck behind ohv people for what feal like miles too. It is hard on a bike to go that slow thru some areas. I will pass them after awhile when it is clear / safe for me to do. While I am in my ohv I will constantly look in my mirrors to make sure a bike does not come up behind me and get stuck back there forever. Most of the time I ride my bike up there is during the week so not so many people are up there.

Yeah, the only time I might disagree is if the Jeep is coming uphill (especially on a big climb) and the bike is going downhill. In that case, I'd think the bike should give way.
Downhill has the right of way. Courtesy pulls to the side and let's the jeep go by.

He doesn't have to backup. Just pull over sufficiently to allow uphill traffic to pass. Gravity will make getting started easier.

Talked to Rodney with the fs..... Short answer was use common sense and courtesy. I asked what book that was from so I could reference it and we laughed. Basically was told the same here....
Horses have row
Faster rig or bike, pull over
Coming down a hill, wait for upward travel
If you have a pull off spot(wider area of the trail) wait for others to pass

Truely common sense items but you CANNOT teach common sense everyone, i am convinced some people can not be taught this.....

Last edited:
This rule applies ASSuming that jeep is STILL at the bottom, and the bike is STILL at the top and no one has yet ascending or descending said hill.

Of course if it is a mile long,super steep hill and the bike HAS started down, and the jeep HAS started up, Hopefully the jeeper doesn't wanna kill a biker and the biker is not suicidal, then when they meet in the middle they'll work it out.

This rule applies ASSuming that jeep is STILL at the bottom, and the bike is STILL at the top and no one has yet ascending or descending said hill.

Of course if it is a mile long,super steep hill and the bike HAS started down, and the jeep HAS started up, Hopefully the jeeper doesn't wanna kill a biker and the biker is not suicidal, then when they meet in the middle they'll work it out.
I usually stop at the bottom of the major hills like dickey bell or dutch john and make sure no one is already on the way down anyway. It stops a majority of issues from ever happening in the first place.

I dont think URE has any major hills, tbh.

I dont think URE has any major hills, tbh.
I agree but the thread was started about ure. Im pretty overbuilt for the place but I like just trail riding as well as crawling and I only live about an hour and a half away so its convenient to hit once a month.

If we keep working at it, surely old Gotwood can still learn..only time will tell, but we cant just give up on him.
I love your attitude my friend!

Talked to Rodney with the fs..... Short answer was use common sense and courtesy. I asked what book that was from so I could reference it and we laughed. Basically was told the same here....
Horses have row
Faster rig or bike, pull over
Coming down a hill, wait for upward travel
If you have a pull off spot(wider area of the trail) wait for others to pass

Truely common sense items but you CANNOT teach common sense everyone, i am convinced some people can not be taught this.....
Yep.

Just make sure your winch cable is visable:flipoff2:

I'll keep it high enough you can ride your bicycle under it considering that the only transportation you have capable of navigating ure

Back