Rim Repair Recommendation

WillnFox

Un-Known Member
Lug nuts got loose on one of my Racelines and ovaled the holes. I've heard a shop can bore the holes out and do steel inserts.

What are some shops in NC that can do that?

Yeah...I've had some old Turbines that had ovaled lug holes and Welds that were bent, fixed through Cardinal. No idea if they do the work themselves, or outsource, but the wheels seem perfectly fine.

The guys at Cardinal are awesome, it's really the only place we go for tires.

704-857-0280

I ***almost**** recommended the entire wrong place to you
Ill leave this there for instructional purposes
:popcorn:

5h5jauou35i61.jpeg

So little update... the place in Salisbury said they do not do wheel repair and sent me to RGX Rim Repair.
Unfortunately RGX said they do not do that repair anymore and when they did they were outsourcing it to the place in California...

Recon Pro Raleigh said they do not know anyone in the South East that does that anymore. Everyone got to expensive and the quality of work wasn't worth it over buying a new wheel.

So Dang... Anyone got a Raceline Wheels Coupon Code 🥴

So little update... the place in Salisbury said they do not do wheel repair and sent me to RGX Rim Repair.
Unfortunately RGX said they do not do that repair anymore and when they did they were outsourcing it to the place in California...

Recon Pro Raleigh said they do not know anyone in the South East that does that anymore. Everyone got to expensive and the quality of work wasn't worth it over buying a new wheel.

So Dang... Anyone got a Raceline Wheels Coupon Code 🥴

Only other guy I can think of is out of Virginia, he refurbishes old wheels (think Detroit Vintage, but on the side). He outsources that kind of work, but could probably put you on someone if you want to want one more swing at that route. I don’t know him personally, but his name is Chris Poyner and hangs out in Weld wheel FB groups…didn’t mention him at first because he usually charges $2-3k for a refurb and figured it put you back in the ‘cheaper to buy new’ category.

Back