RIP, Charlie Daniels

Jeff B

Thanos was right
Honestly surprised his cause of death wasn't chalked up to the rona

Well crap! I met him in 1982 at a private gathering. My best friend's dad was co-owner of Goodmark foods at that time. They made slim jims and Andy caps snacks. They hired ole Charlie to be a spokes person and do some commercials for their products. Charlie was pretty humble actually.

Damn, that sucks so much. He'll be missed. I saw him many many moons ago in a previous life. He played a concert after a Bullnanza in OKC I went to. Dude could put on a show.

Man he is was one of my favorites of my youth...

Last edited:
Love his music, wish I'd seen him in concert.
RIP
I actually got to see him perform in 1987 at my moms high school in Independence Virginia.

They pulled in 3 flatbed trailers on the football field and he performed for 3 hrs
It was epic

Had the opportunity to see CDB in concert a few times.
Was supposed to get to actually meet him in 2000 while hanging with my musician friend in Nashville but he didnt show for whatever reason.

I always thought he did a good job of being unapologetically southern and conservative without ever being offensive or spiteful.
Thats a fine line to walk but Charlie got it about perfect.

God Speed, good sir.

'It's all right now. Heaven should be proud.'

being unapologetically southern and conservative without ever being offensive or spiteful.

Best description I've heard. And 100% accurate

Essentially the equivalent of "Bless your little heart" said by an old lady with a smile...which roughly translated means "Fuque Bitch"

Saw him in concert in Tennessee about 15 yrs ago. Played for 3 hours while sitting in a chair. Hands down, one of my favorite concerts to date. His last song he played was 'Devil went down to Georgia'. He played an extended version of that song, sawing on that fiddle for a solid 5 mins in a fiddle solo. The ball of catgut on the bow was huge, he just slapped it on the chair and kept fiddling.

Gonna have to queue up his hits on the garage radio tonight.

I remember 'discovering' Charlie Daniels in middle school. I then remember telling my dad about this cool 'new' band I thought he'd like. Then he told me I was dumbass, CDB was new when he was my age. Just ran across that CD cleaning out some boxes in the attic. I'll have to give it a listen.

We saw him 5/6 years ago and he was already in decline.Not a very good show but considering his age he did alright.He and David Allen Coe are close in age.We saw DAC last summer and he sucked.Within 45 mins of the show starting we had already made it back to the truck and was on the way home. Charlie was better.

Back