Rockeater D60 install DONE ! pics

saf-t scissors said:
John, I know exactly what you did. It's not like I've never seen those calipers before.

It's a bad idea. You should find another way to do it. That's all I have to say about it.

Have you ever seen or heard of theses breaking when cut like this? If so, back your arguement with proof, I haven't seen or heard of any of them breaking. I would be rolling on a set up like that if I didn't want to convert to 5 lug and keep the 9". Sometimes you got to take cash into consideration when doing things.

Rich said:
Screw Disney, get a stak box! :D

I tried to order one last week, they are only taking pre-orders and will have a 25 unit production run in August. The guy I talked to on the phone said they wanted to be sure all the bugs are worked out of them, after he said "bugs" I called AA and ordered the tried and true Atlas. They look like a sweet unit, but as with the first productions of anything (vehicles, parts, ARB parts, etc..) they always seem to be not quite as refined as later production models. If you were serious about buying one, I'd give it a year or so after the first ones (for sale) were built and check the feedback from owners. The guy I spoke to just didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling on the phone.

Sweet! Now that's some Afro-Engineering!! :huggy:

CAS22 said:
does that mean there is a d44 for sale now?

The D44 and spares have already got gone (have been sold) along with the ram and one set of gears.
I DO have a set of D60, 4:56 gears for sale ($50) and the D60, 30 spline Warn premium locking hubs ($100). Hubs and gears are in perfect condition. They came out of the donor 60 which was a military truck that prolly never actaully was put in 4 wheel drive. The gears have NO wear pattern even on them.

J(pimpin parts)B

Back