Scan tool abs capable.

Jason W.

Dysfunctional Veteran
I have a current abs light and I'm sure it's a wheel speed sensor.(13jk) My current OBD 2 reader will not read abs,trans, etc.

What do you guys have, I want something decent since I will keep it a long while.But don't want the top if the line, just essential functions.

What do you guys have? Suggestions

Call me.... Launch stuff is cool!!!! I have in stock

Maybe I need to order this too. Can we get a 2-for deal?

All of them. I don't need trailer abs capability, just trucks. Peterbilt, ford, freightliner, international.

Not necessarily just abs, I want one that I can do all the dealer specific functions like IPC tests, actuators, power balance tests, etc etc..

That looks like a good bang for the buck. Anyone know if it can do ISO-9141 protocol for Subaru? I assume it does as it's a multi protocol reader it appears, but the specs are pretty lacking for anything but the bare basics.

Are we doing a group buy now? :D

Not necessarily just abs, I want one that I can do all the dealer specific functions like IPC tests, actuators, power balance tests, etc etc..
You will need a scan tool then. Obd2 readers like above only read the obd side of the computer. It is basically split into 2 sections. The outer 4 pins on the obd port in your ride are used in the code readers. On the mfg side the other 12 pins are used with a chevy possibly reading a different pin for a function and a ford reading a different one for the same data.

That looks like a good bang for the buck. Anyone know if it can do ISO-9141 protocol for Subaru? I assume it does as it's a multi protocol reader it appears, but the specs are pretty lacking for anything but the bare basics.

Are we doing a group buy now? :D
I will call about the iso-9141 in the morning.

I get a price break at 5 units and then again at 10. But yes we can do a group buy if everyone is game.

Differences between 123 and 123p? There's a dramatic price difference, I haven't poked around yet about features comparison.

If it can do most Japanese stuff, it should do ISO 9141 natively. Subaru has its own expanded protocol subsets that it probably won't do (SSM), but there's software for that.

Differences between 123 and 123p? There's a dramatic price difference, I haven't poked around yet about features comparison.

If it can do most Japanese stuff, it should do ISO 9141 natively. Subaru has its own expanded protocol subsets that it probably won't do (SSM), but there's software for that.
Looks the the p model is the newer one and the 123 are being closed out.

I may be interested in getting in the group for the 123p, pm me the ballpark price.

While on the topic, will it display the data stream of all the engine sensors?

Also, how much more is a "scan tool" that will go deeper into a the Hvac stuff? I guessing a lot, but curious.

While on the topic, will it display the data stream of all the engine sensors?

Usually depends on the vehicle manufacturer, and if those sensor data streams are exposed over the OBD2 port. There's a lot of variation depending on the year, vehicle, specific OBD2 protocol, ECU manufacturer/family, etc.
My 2004 Subaru may have a different set of available OBD2 data streams than my 2006 Subaru, because one is CAN-based and one is ISO9141-based, and my 2015 Colorado is likely a different CAN protocol than the CAN protocol on my Subaru, etc., and the different ECU manufacturers may have implemented different things over the OBD2 interface in all 3 vehicles, etc. ABS is a different story too, and not all ABS systems can be read over OBD2 either.

The answer is "maybe". The newer the vehicle, the more complete functionality you will usually get over OBD2. That's a terrible generalization, but it's true.

Last edited:
Usually depends on the vehicle manufacturer, and if those sensor data streams are exposed over the OBD2 port. There's a lot of variation depending on the year, vehicle, specific OBD2 protocol, ECU manufacturer/family, etc.
My 2004 Subaru may have a different set of available OBD2 data streams than my 2006 Subaru, because one is CAN-based and one is ISO9141-based, and my 2015 Colorado is likely a different CAN protocol than the CAN protocol on my Subaru, etc., and the different ECU manufacturers may have implemented different things over the OBD2 interface in all 3 vehicles, etc. ABS is a different story too, and not all ABS systems can be read over OBD2 either.

The answer is "maybe". The newer the vehicle, the more complete functionality you will usually get over OBD2. That's a terrible generalization, but it's true.

I'll edit my question.

For obd2 systems and my application, and the ECU logic.

The ECU monitors several sensor data streams such as map, maf, cts, iat, egr, iac, 4 o2 sensors, crank sensor, cam sensor, tft, tPS, etc.

Generally speaking, will this unit display this data, if it exists and is present though the obd2 port to ECU communication.

I guess all my posts need a disclaimer saying no one is liable for Misinformation, whether written or applied as to whether this or another product applies to my applications.

Geez.

Fwiw, my application include but are not limited to

96-07 k2500 suburbans
06 Nissan Xterra
04 Avalanche k2500
Obd2 jeep 4.0 year unknown.

I completely understand that what the unit will do varies greatly with what the ECU is seeing and doing with what data is present.

I'm just trying to find out if this will view and clear codes, or will display the data stream and or plot/graph those data streams for individual sensors. This can be beneficial to diagnosing the difference between a po171 code needed a new o2 sensor, or an inconsistent maf signal throwing a false po171 code. As well would show whether or not o2 sensor response is actually slow, or possible other cause to receive such a code. Just for example.

Obd2 is hit and miss on functioning items. Goverment says you have to read xyz and nothing more mandated. Alot of mfg are simply adding it to the data stream for whatever reason. Hvac is not required so highly doubt it will do much there.

I guess all my posts need a disclaimer saying no one is liable for Misinformation, whether written or applied as to whether this or another product applies to my applications.

Geez.

Easy now....

You don't need a disclaimer, no. You just had a generic and general question, so I gave a general answer. :D

Back